Have Kier left Sheffield

Have anyone heard if Kier are still doing work for the council..

Kier are still doing the maintenance of council houses (or at least they were yesterday when I rang them).

No it's Amey now ?

thought they were only bodging roads

I think they have or are changing to Fortem, what I was told at travis Perkins anyhow

Sorry, my mistake, Wilmot Dixon who have merged

I saw a transporter with 6 kier transits on it go through Attercliffe yesterday, I thought it's kier Ge ting rid of old vans ready for a new fleet...

I saw a transporter with 6 kier transits on it go through Attercliffe yesterday, I thought it's kier Ge ting rid of old vans ready for a new fleet...

They're probably just going in for a rebrand rather than actually getting new vehicles. The same workers who used to work for the council were transferred to Kier and are now going back to the council, so I expect that a lot of physical stuff is also getting transferred.

Hope so !

Their standard of work leaves much to be desired.

Some time ago my wife and I had them in our home to replace the sink taps in our kitchen,

the plumber who came arrived at 4-15pm and began work removing the old taps.

Having done so, he fitted the cold water tap and began on the hot water tap - I've finished he said.

I had a look at the taps, the hot water tap .......if it had been any further away from over the sink, we would have had to go next door to use it.

I complained to him and his reaction was: ' Hey I finish at half past four '

he walked out and left the tap like that.

Whenever we have wanted jobs doing with Kier, they have always been sub-standard.