Meadowhall terror response exercise tonight 19/03/2017

Was nice of them to let us know they'd be closing a large part of it off tonight without warning. :rant:

I understand they must do these things but why not warn people so they can park in appropriate car parks instead of saying bugger all?

Went to pick my little girl up from a party there earlier only to be diverted right around the outer perimeter, and if I hadn't been there a lone woman with several kiddies having to do the same. There were loads of "stewards" dotted about, mostly from Hull I was told and most had never even visited meadowhall before let alone be able to direct people the correct way.

Way to go you bloody idiots. :loopy:

Why would they tell people? They surely want as real a response as possible to check the effectiveness of the plans.

Was nice of them to let us know they'd be closing a large part of it off tonight without warning. :rant:

I understand they must do these things but why not warn people so they can park in appropriate car parks instead of saying bugger all?

Went to pick my little girl up from a party there earlier only to be diverted right around the outer perimeter, and if I hadn't been there a lone woman with several kiddies having to do the same. There were loads of "stewards" dotted about, mostly from Hull I was told and most had never even visited meadowhall before let alone be able to direct people the correct way.

Way to go you bloody idiots. :loopy:

Funny thing about terrorist responses they generally happen without warning.

Goodness sake calm down. So you had a do a bit of walking around planned perimeter route supervised and monitored by stewards. Hardly the end of the world. Its not like they just chucked people out of some back door and left them to their own devices.

I am rather glad to know that they do such things particuarly with the current state of the world. Its sunday, after the main store hours and outside peak time. Sounds like the perfect time to do such a thing.

How dare they have those cultured folk from Hull coordinating things?

The point is almost all the shops were already closed and the car parks mostly empty, so why not direct cars to where you can enter and exit instead of having people guess the way back to their cars?

As for the "stewards" they didn't know the lay out or which direction to send people, one sent us into a dead end, another said "I don't know the way but a lot of people have been going up those stairs, .maybe try up there". We were parked at ground level! :huh:

The point is almost all the shops were already closed and the car parks mostly empty, so why not direct cars to where you can enter and exit instead of having people guess the way back to their cars?

As for the "stewards" they didn't know the lay out or which direction to send people, one sent us into a dead end, another said "I don't know the way but a lot of people have been going up those stairs, .maybe try up there". We were parked at ground level! :huh:

What a terrible situation that a massive shopping centre planning for the very real event of a terrorist attack should force you a minor incovenience :help:

It's a mock terrorism situation, to test the staff inside the venue and to prepare them for if there was an attack. You would have been ushered out of the nearest door because that is what would happen if it was real...

We weren't ushered out we left because we wanted to, they weren't emptying the place. Also what ever exercise was going on there was no public interaction at all, they curtained areas off so you couldn't even see what was happening.

Calm down dear, it's only an exercise.

Have a heart my daughter for one has worked today 9-6 then had to go back again at 9pm-4am they are doing this unpaid for the good of everyone's safety and its on such a big scale that security has had to be brought in from hull to help this is for everyone who visits Meadowhall they haven't done it just for fun

Calm down dear, it's only an exercise.

Well if it was for real they could have inadvertently diverted megalithic into a dangerous area because they didn't know the layout. It's alright getting people in from hull but you might have well just grabbed a dozen people off the street and stick them in hi-viz vests.

Have a heart my daughter for one has worked today 9-6 then had to go back again at 9pm-4am they are doing this unpaid for the good of everyone's safety and its on such a big scale that security has had to be brought in from hull to help this is for everyone who visits Meadowhall they haven't done it just for fun

Why is she not getting paid to basically train to do her job correctly ?