RIP Chuck Berry..

Chuck Berry died today.

Edited by ukdobby

Saw him at the City Hall in 1964 - brilliant. Utterly unique, he could play that Gibson like nobody else.

This is one of my favourite performances from him, better than the record.

R.I.P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39318602

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 22:32 ----------

Saw him at the City Hall in 1964 - brilliant. Utterly unique, he could play that Gibson like nobody else.

This is one of my favourite performances from him, better than the record.

its not my dingaling :(

What an influence he was,one of the fathers of modern rock that took us through decades of guitar based boogie from loads of groups that adapted it to their own formula.RIP Rocker.

What an influence he was,one of the fathers of modern rock that took us through decades of guitar based boogie from loads of groups that adapted it to their own formula.RIP Rocker.

indeed he was a legends legend, even more so than Bowie and Lemmy

its not my dingaling :(

Lol, I thought My Dingaling was a load of rubbish but it made him a lot of bread. :)

I read somewhere that he always insisted on being paid in cash before he would go on stage.

Every group I ever remember from the early sixties started their routine with Johnny B. Goode or Sweet Little Sixteen. Chuck was arguably the real King of Rock. RIP Chuck.

Lol, I thought My Dingaling was a load of rubbish but it made him a lot of bread. :)

I read somewhere that he always insisted on being paid in cash before he would go on stage.

my dingaling will always be etched in my mind tho as a song i always remember mi dad playing us as kids lol, along with Thw Who - Boris the spider, The Beatles - Octopuses garden and Napolean XIV - theyre coming to take me away hahaha

no wonder im warped Oo

Apparently, he was a pain to work with or for. It showed too, in the documentary film called Hail Hail Rock and Roll, where Eric Clapton and Keith Richards were helping Chuck to prepare for a first time concert in his home town. This was a place where he had never been allowed to play previously, because he was black. Well during rehearsals Chuck was always wanting things done his way, or not at all. He was constantly rowing with Richards. After saying that , however, the concert itself was great. This was mid to late eighties, I think.

Edited by TORONTONY

Come on Dude you've seen the videos of him abusing hookers on the other forum were on yes he was a music legend but a dirty depraved man too who showed women no respect at all.

Come on Dude you've seen the videos of him abusing hookers on the other forum were on yes he was a music legend but a dirty depraved man too who showed women no respect at all.

That maybe true, but that does't take away his talent as a musician and song writer, his guitar playing was unquestionably up there at the top.

R.I.P chuck