Newly resurfaced roads breaking up already

There is a stretch of Burngreave Road by St. Catherine's Church that Amey fully resurfaced about two years ago that already has potholes in around access covers, which they are having to fill in. And we know that when it rains hard they will open up again, and this is when they are nowhere near finishing the rest of the roads. I thought the idea was for them to get rid of the potholes, not to just change who was chucking a bit of tarmac into them.

Cheap original job, cheap repair, Council happy.

Angel1.

And some of us are still waiting to have our roads done for the first time :rant:

At least when they get around to them you'll have to wait a year or so more before the potholes appear.

And some of us are still waiting to have our roads done for the first time :rant:

Well, manage your expectations won't you?

At least when they get around to them you'll have to wait a year or so more before the potholes appear.

Good point :)

That's in year with little frost or snow, I think it will be a very different picture when we get a bad winter.

£800m we are paying for this crap. I reported some flytipping recently, some of which was on the pavement and a little bit on the verge. They came and took what was on the pavement but not what was on the verge because strictly speaking that's not in their contract.

£800m we are paying for this crap. I reported some flytipping recently, some of which was on the pavement and a little bit on the verge. They came and took what was on the pavement but not what was on the verge because strictly speaking that's not in their contract.

Money trumps environment every time.

surely someone from the council is supposed to monitor ameys work

Wortley rd in Highgreen was done about 12 month ago..

You'd never know if you'd not seen them doing it.

This resurfacing is just a waste of money.

The Tarmac isn't sealed on the footways, it's loose on the edges when it's laid, I'm no expert but when Tarmac is being laid and weeds are showing through a week later then it's gonna go Pete tong very quickly.

surely someone from the council is supposed to monitor ameys work

Someone from the council is supposed to monitor all roadworks.

The roads should never have got in this state in the first place.