If things went right??

If everything went right for both Sheffield teams then what would be peoples expectations for the following season in the premiership for the owls and the championship for the blades?

It doesn't matter who you are!!

A season ticket holder with inside information or an armchair fan like me

If everything went right for both Sheffield teams then what would be peoples expectations for the following season in the premiership for the owls and the championship for the blades?

staying up...for both, its not easy climatising to the league above, takes a season or 2 to solidify

For me, if we go up then anything above the bottom 3 next season will be a start, it would be foolish of me to think we would storm the league, the Championship is one of the best and toughest leagues for me in the world, but a league i can't wait to see us in...

'If everything went right' is a phrase that doesn't resonate with the two Sheffield clubs and as an 'Owl', they will still be in the Championship next season along with the Blades and Fleetwood Town !

---------- Post added 10-03-2017 at 21:05 ----------

staying up...for both, its not easy climatising to the league above, takes a season or 2 to solidify

I agree, Take Wigan Athletic, who won League One last season and look at them now ! I mention them because I once read that they were the wealthiest club outside the Premier, that was before Aston Villa and Newcastle United were relegated.

With the current squad we would no doubt come straight back down, I can only really see Moore, Freeman, Brayford (if he comes back), Coutts, Curruthers, Fleck & Sharp being up to that standard of football. So we would need to invest and McCabe / the prince have promised we will. I would hope and think that a mid table finish should be the aim with a view to pushing on afterwards.

We do need to invest though, need 3 defenders 2 midfielders & 2 strikers to compete in the championship.

Don't know enough about Wednesday to guess how they would get on. Looking at the squad I would expect perhaps 3/4 signings away from survival. I know you probably have the best goalkeeper outside the prem and a very good strike force.

With the current squad we would no doubt come straight back down, I can only really see Moore, Freeman, Brayford (if he comes back), Coutts, Curruthers, Fleck & Sharp being up to that standard of football. So we would need to invest and McCabe / the prince have promised we will. I would hope and think that a mid table finish should be the aim with a view to pushing on afterwards.

We do need to invest though, need 3 defenders 2 midfielders & 2 strikers to compete in the championship.

Don't know enough about Wednesday to guess how they would get on. Looking at the squad I would expect perhaps 3/4 signings away from survival. I know you probably have the best goalkeeper outside the prem and a very good strike force.

Thank you DB. But as for '3/4 signings away from survival', I don't think the Owls will be in such dire straits in next season's Championship !

---------- Post added 10-03-2017 at 21:41 ----------

For me, if we go up then anything above the bottom 3 next season will be a start, it would be foolish of me to think we would storm the league, the Championship is one of the best and toughest leagues for me in the world, but a league i can't wait to see us in...

Yes Longy but 'Championship is on of the best... leagues ... in the world ' ?

Rotherham United are still in it !

staying up for both is only option and perhaps hanging on to some players that maybe tempted to leave

Thank you DB. But as for '3/4 signings away from survival', I don't think the Owls will be in such dire straits in next season's Championship !

---------- Post added 10-03-2017 at 21:41 ----------

Yes Longy but 'Championship is on of the best... leagues ... in the world ' ?

Rotherham United are still in it !

But not for much longer..:hihi::hihi::hihi: