Wednesdays losses double

Interest figures in there, but obviously it isn't the accounts.

What jumps out to me is the increase in revenue from £7.1 million to £22 million.

That shows that there is a lucrative amount extra now to be earnt in the Championship than before.

I imagine there was a decent take on the 2/3 year option for season ticket sales which also will have helped.

The bumper crowd at Wembley will have helped no end too.

Wages are another, the Owls are spending approx the same as the Blades for a few years in the Championship (we did have the Tevez and parachute payments though), but have what I'd consider to be a stronger squad than we had at that time.

The loan is another point, no interest or repayment plan.... So why a loan and not a gift?

But a £9 million loss is within the FFP restrictions, coupled in with only £4.7 million, you're well within.

DC looks to be carrying on with spending, so I wouldn't imagine there is any concerns even if you're losing money.

However, next years figures would be interesting if you don't go up,

'Yorkshire Post' a Leeds based (and biased) paper. There are 10 Yorkshire teams - if you include Middlesbrough and Hull City - that are playing in the four leagues, where are the others ? perhaps conveniently missed ?

'Yorkshire Post' a Leeds based (and biased) paper. There are 10 Yorkshire teams - if you include Middlesbrough and Hull City - that are playing in the four leagues, where are the others ? perhaps conveniently missed ?

I think it's just highlighting the astronomical losses next season if you don't go up this season.

Guest sibon

So, if I have this right, Wednesday are the most solvent of the two Sheffield clubs. By quite some way too.

So, if I have this right, Wednesday are the most solvent of the two Sheffield clubs. By quite some way too.

Well, that may or may not be true.

But that's not what we are talking about ;)

Their joy at L***s winning the game shows no bounds.

£9m? Wish I had it, but it's no great deal in the football world.

DC's no mug and I'm sure things won't get out of hand.

To be fair, there is a link to 10 Yorkshire clubs, Non-League coverage and International games.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

And there's me thinking that the big "concern" for Unitedites,all season,both on here and on Football Heaven was that Wednesday have been sailing close to the wind on FFP and could possibly be under a transfer embargo next season....they have gone very quiet on that front all of a sudden...

Without making light of a £9m loss...when you look at the money DC has ploughed in to the club since he arrived,i would imagine the £9m figure won't concern him unduly..

And there's me thinking that the big "concern" for Unitedites,all season,both on here and on Football Heaven was that Wednesday have been sailing close to the wind on FFP and could possibly be under a transfer embargo next season....they have gone very quiet on that front all of a sudden...

Without making light of a £9m loss...when you look at the money DC has ploughed in to the club since he arrived,i would imagine the £9m figure won't concern him unduly..

It's no concern of mine,how many Unitedites are you talking about here?

We are well within the requirements of FFP .

Maximum loss limits

Championship clubs will be allowed to lose an average of £13m a season (or £5m if the owner doesn’t inject cash into the club to cover the loss). Hence, a long-standing Championship such as Brighton, is able to lose up to £39m over the three-season assessment period.

It's no concern of mine,how many Unitedites are you talking about here?

I wasn't making out all Unitedites were concerned...:hihi:

It was just an observation,didnt keep a record of the exact number and the times i listened to Football Heaven just after the signing of Jordan Rhodes, a few calls came from Unitedites making reference to FFP etc...

I wasn't making out all Unitedites were concerned...:hihi:

It was just an observation,didnt keep a record of the exact number and the times i listened to Football Heaven just after the signing of Jordan Rhodes, a few calls came from Unitedites making reference to FFP etc...

The calls I heard referenced the fact that it was a loan to avoid breaking FFP,I think Wednesday fans also cited this,whether it is true or not,I have no idea.