Jordon Rhodes - Because he's worth it!

... or is he?

So you've seen him play. He's scored 1 out of how many games (not sure) and missed a critical penalty which could decide on your entire season. You've got to buy him for £10,000,000 at the end of the season, on the promise of having him on loan.

So is he worth the £10,000,000 and his £2,000,000 + each year in wages?

Should the money have been better spent on creative midfielders, full backs or central defence? Had he improved you as a whole?

Is he a waste of money?

I only ask this because Wednesday fan's seem split? Whether your answer is yes or no... why?

Genuine thread, please don't spoil it.

Most teams in the championship would of jumped at the chance to sign him. Not sure the price we're paying but I thought it was more like 8 million. I said at the time only signing him wasn't going to solve our issues but I still wanted him. The good thing is in the summer we now don't need to sign a striker, with Rhodes, winnall and hooper at least we have goals there, now he can concentrate on solving the creativity issue in the team

Most teams in the championship would of jumped at the chance to sign him. Not sure the price we're paying but I thought it was more like 8 million. I said at the time only signing him wasn't going to solve our issues but I still wanted him. The good thing is in the summer we now don't need to sign a striker, with Rhodes, winnall and hooper at least we have goals there, now he can concentrate on solving the creativity issue in the team

The idea is to get promoted this season, which I think you will. Do you think that the strikers you've names are PL material?

Thats the hope but there's no guarantee. If we did go up then no probably aren't good enough but then we'd have however millions to spend on new players. If we stay in this league then those strikers should be good enough for a promotion push if we improve the midfield enough

Who is Jordon Rhodes, never heard of him!

I think we all know who Jordan is ;)

You can't really judge a player who's hardly played this season in his first five games at a new club, Rhodes is a fine striker but all our forwards have fed on scraps this season so it's hardly surprising he's not been prolific as yet. If we don't go up which is very possible a full pre-season and a few buys in the summer will I'm sure prove his worth.

You can't really judge a player who's hardly played this season in his first five games at a new club, Rhodes is a fine striker but all our forwards have fed on scraps this season so it's hardly surprising he's not been prolific as yet. If we don't go up which is very possible a full pre-season and a few buys in the summer will I'm sure prove his worth.

So do you think it's a case of the others letting him down?

In my opinion a big fat NO.

Got to agree,he's no better than Hooper and likes been said Winnall is chomping at the bit but that's football is Pogba worth 80mill is Clarke worth a fiver?no in all cases.

Got to agree,he's no better than Hooper and likes been said Winnall is chomping at the bit but that's football is Pogba worth 80mill is Clarke worth a fiver?no in all cases.

The only thing he adds at the moment is His reputation.

Not sure what Clarke's got to do with it :confused:

Big difference though between him and a £10,000,000 + player.