Concessionary bus pass use before 9.30 a.m..

I can remember when there were two "curfew" times when OAP passes could not be used. From start of service to 0930 then from 1530 to 1800 if the OAPs missed the 1530 "curfew" they had to wonder round town till 1800.

Or they could have just paid the fare? :hihi:

Travelling to Sheffield from Halfway on the tram, I got on at about 9.15 am. The conductor looked up where the tram would be on the route by 9.30 according to the timetable and charged me for that part of the journey only, i.e. £1.60 to White Lane.

Travelling to Sheffield from Halfway on the tram, I got on at about 9.15 am. The conductor looked up where the tram would be on the route by 9.30 according to the timetable and charged me for that part of the journey only, i.e. £1.60 to White Lane.

A sensible compromise, well done that conductor.

Guest busdriver1
A sensible compromise, well done that conductor.

Sounds sensible but could have got him into bother, the full fare should be paid when boarding as applies at that time.

Thanks for the information, busdriver1. I would not wish to cause problems for transport employees.

I suppose he should have charged me the fare to White Lane where I should have got off the tram and back on, continuing to town using my bus pass.

Note to self: must remember if there is a next time.

Guest busdriver1
Repost from above.

The biggest problem is that SYPTE have as an economy measure stopped producing the booklet telling staff about new tickets, passes and other concessions.

They followed this up by releasing loads of new tickets and passes.

Getting the picture?

If a driver does not know about your ticket or pass dont blame him or her.

The power of S.F. This week, sypte have printed and distributed new booklets to drivers telling them of all the new tickets that have been introduced in the past couple of years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how that was decided on?

The power of S.F. This week, sypte have printed and distributed new booklets to drivers telling them of all the new tickets that have been introduced in the past couple of years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how that was decided on?

Must have seen your posts, well done!

I was a frequent outpatient for a while at the RHH. They were helpful in arranging my appointments later in the day so I could use my pass. It's always worth asking. I also take the view that as I save so much in fares by having a pass, I don't grudge paying for a very rare journey where I have to travel before 9.30.