Did anyone go to St.Peter's School in 1959 thru' 1961

hi charleywoo

I went to st peters same time as your uncle michael pierce, he was a nice lad, sorry to hear he has passed away

Hi Bobwho

Thanks Uncle Mick was a great bloke , very quiet but i dont suppose he was quiet at school though .

Hi,

My mum went to St Peters in the 60's - her name was Marguerite Charlesworth until she got married.

She is one of 8 kids not sure if anyone remembers any of the others - Tony, John, Lou, Christine, Julia, Marie and Kath.

All the girls used to be on the rounders team! I've seen lots of pictures of them in their rounders team shots!

Thanks

Yes I remember Mr Farmery, Mr McNerny ( a lovely man),Sister Josephine not so lovely! Sister Veronica was very nice,Mr Anyon, Mr Cherry, the headmaster was Mr Fitzpatrick.Have lived in Cornwall for over 30 years,but have happy memories of home.

Angela Bennetts(was Davies)

"Went up to see what was left of the school the other day. Was very sad to see an overgrown wasteground where St Peters was."

I left there 69/70, and did visit the old site when I was visiting Sheffield last year. Does anyone know of any renuions? I have a class photo which I will post on here when I can find it.

There is a bit of a re-union happening for St Pete's pupils from that era

This is copied from Sacred Heart Church Newsletter:

The former pupils of Sacred Heart, and St. Peters schools, that are 60 years old this year, are holding a reunion. The date and venue for the reunion is the 25th November (at 7.30pm) at the Kelham Island Tavern. (Just google it and you’ll get directions – its famous). If you are 60 this year (or there abouts), and fancy a get together come and join in. No food, no fuss, just a get together and a drink or two. So far, Tony (Vince) Giles, Peter O’Brien, Terry Haggerty, Greg Heapy, Peter Mannion, Marion Meegan, Margaret Garretty, Christopher Smith and couple of others will be there. Please bring any photo’s for sharing, on the night, of the way we were. Please also bring memories and stories too. Look forward to seeing you there. Please pass this on to others.

Thanks

Cheers for the information CB, its too late for me to make it though. How do you access the newsletter, is it online?

No need, I've just found it.

Edited by LA Blade

There is a bit of a re-union happening for St Pete's pupils from that era

This is copied from Sacred Heart Church Newsletter:

The former pupils of Sacred Heart, and St. Peters schools, that are 60 years old this year, are holding a reunion. The date and venue for the reunion is the 25th November (at 7.30pm) at the Kelham Island Tavern. (Just google it and you’ll get directions – its famous). If you are 60 this year (or there abouts), and fancy a get together come and join in. No food, no fuss, just a get together and a drink or two. So far, Tony (Vince) Giles, Peter O’Brien, Terry Haggerty, Greg Heapy, Peter Mannion, Marion Meegan, Margaret Garretty, Christopher Smith and couple of others will be there. Please bring any photo’s for sharing, on the night, of the way we were. Please also bring memories and stories too. Look forward to seeing you there. Please pass this on to others.

Thanks

I remember a couple of these names. Gregory Heap was a bit of a hearthrob when I was a wet-behind-the-ears 2nd year old! I was dead chuffed when I got his autograph when he left school! I've still got it in my autograph book! I remember the name Peter Mannion but can't recall his face.

BIGLIL give me a call 07721612656, MICK BRENNAN

Mick I'll send you a pm. Paul T.

Yes I sure did .Started at the new school in 1959 just after the gales blew all the windows in was in the A stream with Fitzpatrick head. Scared me to death never got Algebra still a mystery. Farrell made everyones life a misery. but what can we say about Miss Johnson geography still my favourite subject cant think why!!!! Sister "Bonkers" Josephine Mr farmery with endless tales of holidays in France Actually met him in a eurocamp site in france he was working as an interpreter for all the English guests good man. Mr Anjon died not so long ago very sad. Left in 1964 did 5 years then Sheff Poly for 2 years

Hello there

I was atSt Peters 1960 -1965

Loads to tell 

John Bush 

Who was the art teacher who never spoke about a whisper? And was Mr Giles the deputy head ? I think Miss Stanton taught English?  There was also a lovely lady in the kitchen - Mrs Fisher?  Who can forget school dinners!