Dog being sick.

My sons dog keeps being sick now and again. It's not food he's been vomitting up but white foam He has been eating quite a bit of grass lately, could this be the cause ?

My late dog used to do that after he had eaten things from outside (mainly grass). Try to distract the dog when you see him doing it. :)

My late dog used to do that after he had eaten things from outside (mainly grass). Try to distract the dog when you see him doing it. :)

Thanks for your very good advice.

It's very common that dogs eat grass and even dogs in the wild have been seen doing it . Mine eat spring grass and rye grass . It's not something I encourage I pull them away if they are eating to much . But there are lots of theories as to why dogs do it and why sometimes it makes them sick . Some say there is nutrients in grass they need but too much makes them sick ( that's what one vet told me ) some say it helps get rid of access acid in the stomach by making them throw up . Who knows what makes dogs do it but if they eat too much it makes them sick . One of mine likes the odd piece of grass that grows on top of a wall near us he has reached up and had a piece ever since he was a pup . He's healthy very rarely sick he just seems to need it or enjoys it.

It's very common that dogs eat grass and even dogs in the wild have been seen doing it . Mine eat spring grass and rye grass . It's not something I encourage I pull them away if they are eating to much . But there are lots of theories as to why dogs do it and why sometimes it makes them sick . Some say there is nutrients in grass they need but too much makes them sick ( that's what one vet told me ) some say it helps get rid of access acid in the stomach by making them throw up . Who knows what makes dogs do it but if they eat too much it makes them sick . One of mine likes the odd piece of grass that grows on top of a wall near us he has reached up and had a piece ever since he was a pup . He's healthy very rarely sick he just seems to need it or enjoys it.

Thanks rubydo it's nice to hear your story.