Blades Close Season Signing Rumours

Guest sibon

We need a thread for the Blades' use of their game changing investment. I know we've missed a couple of major signings, but this is the place to post those rumours from now on.

I'll go first. Some of you know that I have business at the Lane and a couple of good contacts. I've been there this morning and the whisper is that Jagielka is on his way back. If that is true, it will be a fantastic signing.

Great signing If true , big big change in the wage structure though

I doubt Jags will be back.

But we definitely need at least a couple more defenders. As for the wage structure, whatever happens in pre-season, we'll be in a healthy position come the end of the season.

We just need that balance between good players and players that think they're good and start commanding silly wages.

I do like the look of the player from Celtic who's a winger I think.

Can't see Jags returning, he'd have to take a huge pay cut to fit in with our structure. Decent signing if true and on the right wages but personally I'd prefer younger hot prospects rather than an older player looking for a last pay cheque.

Can't see Jags returning, he'd have to take a huge pay cut to fit in with our structure. Decent signing if true and on the right wages but personally I'd prefer younger hot prospects rather than an older player looking for a last pay cheque.

Yes agreed. It's refreshing to see Wilder go for players in lower leagues. I know we're after a Southend player Ryan Leonard who's a decent player. Getting Jags on a wage that fits Wilders criteria will be difficult.

I want players who will battle and want to prove their worth rather than players who think their more important than the club.

Yes agreed. It's refreshing to see Wilder go for players in lower leagues. I know we're after a Southend player Ryan Leonard who's a decent player. Getting Jags on a wage that fits Wilders criteria will be difficult.

I want players who will battle and want to prove their worth rather than players who think their more important than the club.

Exactly, don't want one player coming in on a big salary and upsetting to team spirit.

Exactly, don't want one player coming in on a big salary and upsetting to team spirit.

We've had enough of that and that's what's caused problems before. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add to what we've created in a smart way.

I liked what Chris Wilder said the other day... It's not Championship manager!

I also like that Ricky Holmes player. He seems like he could fit the mould.

We've had enough of that and that's what's caused problems before. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add to what we've created in a smart way.

Holmes looks a decent player, my only concern is his age at nearly 30 his best years are probably behind him.

Wilder said recently in an interview that he won't have a player on a disproportionate wage, very happy about this to be honest. It can't be good for team spirit if one player is on 4x what another player is on.

Some good comments so far,we heard what Wilder said,so there's not going to be any marquee signings.The wage structure is what it is,and we aren't chasing players who are looking for a pay day,we want those who are fitting in with us and coming because they see us as a club they want to play for.

The likelihood is that those players who are willing to drop down a division,or the so called name players who the experts think are going to kick a club on towards promotion are going to go to those who will flash the cash...........away you go then,you aren't for us.

I agree its admirable but I think you will need some experience in there as well , may be proved wrong but ..

I agree its admirable but I think you will need some experience in there as well , may be proved wrong but ..

Yes.I want to see some experienced Championship players signed too,I will be a bit disappointed if they are not,but i guess we will use the loan market to either get young PL players,or those that the PL teams are willing to let out who have experience,but going that way could be a bit of a gamble,although i will back Wilder to recruit players who will take us forward.

Yes agree. I think he'll know better than anyone else. But so long as we've got quality and a lot of "hard heads" we'll be ok.