Injured mainly black cat

Is anyone missing a 5 year old (I think) mainly black male cat in or around the Herries Road area of Sheffield 5 near the residential home on Herries Road / Teynham Road?

For a couple of years I've seen a mainly black cat with a white chest, chin and a white stripe down the centre of his face cat around. He sometimes sleeps in our back garden. I've never found out who he belongs to or what his name is but he's really friendly. I think he may live a bit further up Herries Road or round the back on Morgan Road, Morgan Avenue somewhere round there.

A few days ago, about 20th July, he came into our back garden and I noticed he couldn't put his left front paw on the ground when walking and his leg / shoulder seemed quite swelled up.

I called the RSPCA and the woman said he may have been scratched or bitten by another cat and the leg may be infected. Anyway she took him away to see a vet this afternoon (25th July). She scanned the cat but said he wasn't chipped.

If this sounds like your cat who may appear to be missing over the next few days, can you please post a reply? Hopefully it's nothing serious. Also the RSPCA said they were going to post details on the internet and phone me at some point to let me know how he's getting on.

Thanks

Edited by Sentinel10