BBC stars wages made public

Heard on ItV on 19th July 2017:

Chris Evans annual pay 20 million +

Don't you think that this is obscene ?

Even if this guy had some talent, he still wouldn't be worth anywhere near that.

People struggling to pay the TV license and for what.....to keep people like this in a life of luxury.

£2.2 million is still 2 million too much...

There is also the issue of being paid by the BBC or by their 'company.' I'm not sure I understand the difference, but you can bet they earn a lot more than stated.

What's so special about Chris Evans that warrants that sort of money?

Pretty disgusting really.

If he earned less would it improve your life!

I'm not a huge fan of Evans but his radio show is entertaining, diverse, fast moving and vastly different from anything else I've heard. He's natural, easy with all his guests and I don't give a fig what he earns.

I think it's more of what he gives that should be highlighted in aid of various charities. There's no denying he enjoys what he does for others. The guy is an industry of ideas so quit your bleating and make your own stamp on life is what I say.

Whhoooaaa, lets all unclench a minute. There are a few instances where there is a definate gender imbalance but the rest is subjective at best. Is Jeremy vine worth twice as much as ken Bruce? Good lord, no. Chris Evans is an annoying squeaky voiced arse but probably has more listeners than every other breakfast radio show in the country put together. Linekar is the presenter of the bbcs flagship sports programme.

If you look at the full list the are anomalies but mostly it's the people who bring in the numbers all year round. Claudia winkleman does strictly and an occasional show on

Radio 2 on a Sunday evening, Chris Evans does it 5 days a week (plus top gear? if it's last years figures?). Vanessa felz does ok and she does the 4-6.30am shift - who listens to that?

The bigger issue should be why women aren't offered the top jobs in the first place.

bit wrong there its 2.2m from the bbc for evans

Surely MPs should be paid more than DJs?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:....oh you're not kidding!

I think the real question is, should the public, many who don't even watch the beeb or listen to it's radio stations, have to pay these wages via their tv licence fees.

I think the BBC should be made private not public and licences stopped. I've been paying for mine for years and couldn't tell you the last time I watched a BBC program or listened to their radio.

Like most things. It's not what it was and should be put out to tender.

A lot of money for so little talent.

If the gender pay gap gets to be put right and please bring the men's down to the women's as there's no way Winkleman and Jones are not worth what they get paid now.

I don't agree. MPs should be paid an adequate wage but they shouldn't be doing the job for the money.

---------- Post added 20-07-2017 at 08:18 ----------

I think the real question is, should the public, many who don't even watch the beeb or listen to it's radio stations, have to pay these wages via their tv licence fees.

I think the BBC should be made private not public and licences stopped. I've been paying for mine for years and couldn't tell you the last time I watched a BBC program or listened to their radio.

Like most things. It's not what it was and should be put out to tender.

Do you want to privatise the fire service because your house has never been on fire or you've never had to be cut out of a crashed car?

Big problems in this country these days....rampant blinkered selfishness seems to be the order of the day. So sad.

A lot of money for so little talent.

If the gender pay gap gets to be put right and please bring the men's down to the women's as there's no way Winkleman and Jones are not worth what they get paid now.

I'm surprised Winkleman is employed at all. !

Just read a statement that when a pretend nurse can earn 100 times more than a real nurse there's something wrong with this world.