Two Kittens Wanted, Mid September.

Hiya.

It's 17 Years since I last did this and, back then, the RSPCA seemed to be the go to place to adopt kittens.

I'm guessing that's not the case any more so any advice would be welcome. Indeed, if anyone's likely to have two kittens available then, please let me know.

We're not especially looking for any particular breed or colour or whatever.

The mid-September requirement is because that's when all the holidays and weekends away playing at festivals will be over.

You can still get kittens from the RSPCA but there's also loads of other places to go too, such as The Sheffield Cats Shelter

They usually have lots of kittens in over the summer although it might be an idea to phone before visiting to make sure.

There's an adoption fee which covers neutering etc.

We got our cats from there back in 2008 :)

I would tour the rescues now that have new kittens, then they will be ready for when you want them, maybe you could reserve 2 :)

I'm in the same situation, looking to adopt a cat (or possibly cats? is three cats too many?), but will be moving house in a few weeks time, and don't want to adopt before we've moved and settled in.

I have my eye on one online at the RSPCA but he'll probably be gone by the time I'm ready :(

I'd love to adopt an adult cat, but I suspect kitten/s may be better suited to our family. We also have a rather playful small dog, which a kitten might get used to more easily.

is three cats too many?

Of course not :D

Of course not :D

The correct question is, is three cats enough? :hihi:

I'm in the same situation, looking to adopt a cat (or possibly cats? is three cats too many?), but will be moving house in a few weeks time, and don't want to adopt before we've moved and settled in.

I have my eye on one online at the RSPCA but he'll probably be gone by the time I'm ready :(

I'd love to adopt an adult cat, but I suspect kitten/s may be better suited to our family. We also have a rather playful small dog, which a kitten might get used to more easily.

We've got 3 cats and a small dog who gets on with cats more than other dogs and the eldest cat isn't a huge fan of the others but they get on ok, the other two play together constantly and there's a year age gap between them. I think having them all around the same age does make a huge difference. And the dog loves them all.

The correct question is, is three cats enough? :hihi:

Haha. I like it

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 14:05 ----------

We've got 3 cats and a small dog who gets on with cats more than other dogs and the eldest cat isn't a huge fan of the others but they get on ok, the other two play together constantly and there's a year age gap between them. I think having them all around the same age does make a huge difference. And the dog loves them all.

We had two cats until a few months ago, when I had to have my girl PTS. She never really made friends with the male cat we adopted later, she just about tolerated him.

I'm hoping to get a cat or couple of cats around the same age as my male cat, who is two next month. A pair of siblings would be great, they could keep each other company, even if they don't make friends with the cat I already have. He is a friendly cat, he kept trying to give the other cat loves, but she was having none of it.

The dog loves my cat, he'll often give him a quick lick him in greeting, and the two play fight sometimes. Its hilarious to watch. The dog was always respectful of my now departed cat though, he seemed to understand her grumpiness and mostly left her alone.

Yes try us here at Rain Rescue, RSPCA, Sheffield Cat Shelter, Rotherham Rescue Rangers etc - we are all inundated with kittens currently and I am sure you will still find them in September, there are so many unwanted litters - please adopt don't shop!