Does A Landlord Have To Provide A Lawnmower?

If a rental property has a garden, does the landlord have to provide the necessary equipment to keep it maintained?

ERRRR No ... about as much as you would have to supply toilet paper!! :hihi:

If a rental property has a garden, does the landlord have to provide the necessary equipment to keep it maintained?

No that would be the tenants responsibility.

Good question. Presumably the lease agreement stipulates that the tenant must maintain the garden so worth asking the landlord to provide the means.

Can be a headache if property is nice and you want garden to look A1. You could write it in the letting agreement as a seperate item that as you will be charging £25 a week for a gardening firm to cut grass and hedges . This normally provokes a response from tenant of oh we will do it . If they dont you got a bit of leverage / Good luck :hihi:

Cheers for the replies. I tried to find a definitive answer but can seem to find one, maybe there isn't one and it's just something that has to be negotiated.

Do they have to provide a vacuum cleaner? No. Same with lawn mower. If your contract stipulates that you must maintain the garden, which it most likely does, then you have to maintain the garden. How you do it and with what is your responsibility. That said there's no harm in asking or alternatively you could get a goat.

Edited by TimmyR

Cheers for the replies. I tried to find a definitive answer but can seem to find one, maybe there isn't one and it's just something that has to be negotiated.

No you don't have to provide a lawnmower.....

Guest makapaka

I think it's a joke that tenants have to maintain gardens - proper mickey take.

Here's a house you can pay me for and by the way through the summer months can you keep the garden looking nice FOC.

Joke.

Here's a house you can pay me for and by the way through the summer months can you keep the garden looking nice FOC.

Joke.

I suppose that would include council tenants as well then?

Joke.

It's ether that or they can pay an additional monthly charge if they want it done for them...

Joke.

Yeah, and they're also expected to wash the dishes, vacuum and keep the please in a decent state.

Ridiculous. :roll: