Walking dogs in this heat .

Please be careful walking dogs on hot pavements , if it feels hot to you , don't allow your dog to walk in them , as there have been cases of burnt paws . Make sure you have cold water with h you . This is common sense but I have just seen dogs been walked on a hot pavernment , who have been looking rather hot .

Please be careful walking dogs on hot pavements , if it feels hot to you , don't allow your dog to walk in them , as there have been cases of burnt paws . Make sure you have cold water with h you . This is common sense but I have just seen dogs been walked on a hot pavernment , who have been looking rather hot .

It is common sense.

It sounds terrible to say but ours haven't had a walk since Friday, we are taking them tonight once it goes dark, in all honesty ours are dogs that love their walk and nag for it in the mornings...no nagging here they are all laid out, they dislike the heat as much as I do :hihi:

Dogs will not die without a walk but they can and do die from heat exhaustion.

It is common sense.

It sounds terrible to say but ours haven't had a walk since Friday, we are taking them tonight once it goes dark, in all honesty ours are dogs that love their walk and nag for it in the mornings...no nagging here they are all laid out, they dislike the heat as much as I do :hihi:

Dogs will not die without a walk but they can and do die from heat exhaustion.

we have been taking ours at 10 pm to wyming brook for a dip .

Ours go out on a dirt and grass path track first thing but do have a brief walk on pavement first. We are letting ours out in the garden at the moment and trying to encourage them to play in their doggy paddling pool (unused plasters bath). They have thick double coats so we try to keep them as cool as possible. They have the option to sit near a fan and are choosing to do so in the evenings.

I hope your warning helps save the paws and perhaps lives of some dogs.

Ours go out on a dirt and grass path track first thing but do have a brief walk on pavement first. We are letting ours out in the garden at the moment and trying to encourage them to play in their doggy paddling pool (unused plasters bath). They have thick double coats so we try to keep them as cool as possible. They have the option to sit near a fan and are choosing to do so in the evenings.

I hope your warning helps save the paws and perhaps lives of some dogs.

Thanks , so do I , we don't normally heat like this , so people dont always think .

I am also laughing I have a jam pan full of water just incase .

Molly hasn't been out in ages (she's taken a decision that now she's old she'd like a trip out in the car but really isn't bothered about the walking part) but when she did go out we knew that she was prone to heat stroke so we were careful that on hot days we'd take her out for a frisbee session just before it got dark and then go straight down to the river and send her in there for a swim, so that she got to spend every night after her swim lying under our ceiling fan as a damp dog.

I'm not prepared to risk a long haired dog that we already know gets heat stroke easily.

Better get abroad and tell all those owners and their dogs

Our dog pants a lot in this heat so may buy a kids paddling pool to dunk him in! Mind you he doesn't like hose pipes so will he like this ?

I've same with our dogs we've 3 and not one of them like the hose pipe once bought a paddling pool stood init for two min and got out never bothered

Our pug's not been out for walks while it's been hot. He suffers terribly once it gets much above 15°C, we've had a fan on for him for the last week solidly. Trying to get him to stay lay down is tricky when he just wants cuddles.

On the hottest day last week, I had to tell him to have a wee really quickly because our garden is fully paved and the surface was getting warm.

Our pug's not been out for walks while it's been hot. He suffers terribly once it gets much above 15°C, we've had a fan on for him for the last week solidly. Trying to get him to stay lay down is tricky when he just wants cuddles.

On the hottest day last week, I had to tell him to have a wee really quickly because our garden is fully paved and the surface was getting warm.

Hose the slabs down before you let him out to cool them down a bit.