Patrick Roberts - The English Messi

This guy has to be in the England squad - and in the team!

Whenever I've watched him play for Celtic in the CL or in the SPL he has stood out head and shoulders above the rest for his direct play and truly amazing skills.

How long do we have to wait?

This guy has to be in the England squad - and in the team!

Whenever I've watched him play for Celtic in the CL or in the SPL he has stood out head and shoulders above the rest for his direct play and truly amazing skills.

How long do we have to wait?

Very skilfully but doesn't play for the big clubs,Rashford hasn't scored for ages but plays for Manure so gets called up.

but doesn't play for the big clubs

thats about the size of it, the clubs that make the money

A player is only as good as the players he plays against. I could look like Messi playing against some of those defenders....and believe me, I don't look like Messi.

Nugent, Vardy, Phillips, Crouch (possibly) all players who look good playing for not top teams. Picked for England....and apart from Crouch, a meagre goal scoring record.

There is a reason Phillips never played for a big club, they just didn't rate him....and big clubs tend to have more of an eye on the ball than International teams scrambling about desperately trying to find someone who is fit for an away fixture in Albania.

If Roberts is any good, he'll be playing for a top European Club side...if he isn't, he won't be.

Edited by taxman

With that attitude only players from the very top teams will get picked.

He is contracted anyway to Man.City who bought him from Fulham for 11 million.

He did score against Man.City in the CL and also had a good game.

It was in the CL games especially that Roberts really impressed me

Technique wise - he is so far ahead of any other English player it's not funny.

Lallana is probably the next best - but miles back!

He could make a good out and out winger or could play as an attacking midfielder.

Judging by what I've seen of England in the past few years - they are crying out for a player with World Class ball control and dribbling skills.

It's hard to judge a player who plays in Scotland, as the standard is so poor.

So for that reason, I'd leave him until he returns to England and proves his worth

With that attitude only players from the very top teams will get picked.

He is contracted anyway to Man.City who bought him from Fulham for 11 million.

He did score against Man.City in the CL and also had a good game.

It was in the CL games especially that Roberts really impressed me

Technique wise - he is so far ahead of any other English player it's not funny.

Lallana is probably the next best - but miles back!

He could make a good out and out winger or could play as an attacking midfielder.

Judging by what I've seen of England in the past few years - they are crying out for a player with World Class ball control and dribbling skills.

they all start dribbling once england players, trouble is not in a footballing sense :(

Wouldn't rush him into the English set up yet, needs to get established in the premier first!

You don't score goals like these no matter how bad the league is without being a international class player.

He style is very similar to Messi.

You don't score goals like these no matter how bad the league is without being a international class player.

He style is very similar to Messi.

Southgate,give the lad a chance because England were awfull last night,he keeps picking the high profile players who don't come up with the goods.

Very skilfully but doesn't play for the big clubs,Rashford hasn't scored for ages but plays for Manure so gets called up.

Rashford was awfully has was Ali,these premier players have 9 poor games then something they try comes off and the media call them world class,for that see Messi and Ronaldo.