Bonzo..almost 32 years gone! RIP

I'll be visiting his grave tomorrow.

By far the most influential drummer of modern times. In my opinion, the best there has ever been. RIP Bonzo x

Without a doubt the greatest ever rock drummer.Totaly unique and so crucial to the Led Zeppelin sound that when he died so did they.

Try playing along with a Zeppelin track!

Without a doubt the greatest ever rock drummer.Totaly unique and so crucial to the Led Zeppelin sound that when he died so did they.

Try playing along with a Zeppelin track!

I spent almost all my youth playing along to Zeppelin. I still plug the ipod in and play along today. The best way to teach yourself drums in my opinion.

I spent almost all my youth playing along to Zeppelin. I still plug the ipod in and play along today. The best way to teach yourself drums in my opinion.

Me too,but there was no way I was ever going to get anywhere near to the power,sublty and creativity of Bonham.

Me too,but there was no way I was ever going to get anywhere near to the power,sublty and creativity of Bonham.

No one ever will

I remember the day I found out he had died. I was only seventeen. I still have some newspaper cuttings somewhere. I won tickets to Knebworth but didn't go as I was on holiday the week inbetween.

I am a drummer and as far as I can tell, his style was unique. There is no-one since that I have followed. The stuff he was creating at such a young age was awesome. Listen to "Good Times, Bad Times" from the first album. Took me six months of practice to get close.

What about Elvin Jones Tony Williams or Billy Cobham?

I was 20 and had just started my first job when he died. I had really long hair & I plaited black ribbons into it. I'm sure no-one at work had a clue why I'd done it, but I knew :( 32 years. Blinkin' heck, where did that go?

I remember the day I found out he had died. I was only seventeen. I still have some newspaper cuttings somewhere. I won tickets to Knebworth but didn't go as I was on holiday the week inbetween.

I am a drummer and as far as I can tell, his style was unique. There is no-one since that I have followed. The stuff he was creating at such a young age was awesome. Listen to "Good Times, Bad Times" from the first album. Took me six months of practice to get close.

The kick drum pattern on good times bad times still foxes me to this day! Amazing skills.

His balance was so good that much of his recordings were laid down only using 2 or 3 mics.

That's pretty much how I learnt, and watching videos of course.

I'll be visiting his grave tomorrow.

By far the most influential drummer of modern times. In my opinion, the best there has ever been. RIP Bonzo x

Many people reagard him as the best musician in Led Zeppelin. He was simply the best drummer of his kind; you have to look to the jazz scene to find people as good as him at the kit.