The newsroom on sky atlantic.

Although I'm not totally clued up on American politics, I've really enjoyed this so far. Last couple of episodes are on sky anytime+ although you really need to try and get the first 5 mins of episode one which sets the scene.

Top stuff.

Agreed ... a little mawkish sometimes but brilliantly written

I love it and it hits on exactly whats wrong in media coverage in the US.

We used to hold our news reporters up to a certain standard (see Good Night, and Good Luck) and now its just about who can bring in the ratings. When reporters happen to do their jobs, it makes headline news. Something is seriously wrong.

Its already been commissioned for season 2, so thats a good thing.

It's very good if a little too slapstick at times. It definitely has that West Wing vibe at times.

Has potential but lacks the same punch/polemical overview.

Watched the 5/1 episode and I lost a lot of time for it as it was divisive and completely off the scale propaganda.

Not really in the same league as the west wing, would rather they kept Studio 60 going.

Plus Maggie is more than a tad irritating with a massive moon head and beady eyes.