Hotel Great Britain

Who has been watching this, thoroughly entertaining viewing in my opinion and all for a good cause, only wish it was on for more than a week, would pay to watch this every day and has more frolics than Gok Wans wardrobe.

Here is the synopsis...

If Channel 4 ran a hotel…

Gordon Ramsay would run the restaurant and Mary Portas would take charge of the rooms. Gok Wan would be running the Bar and events; Phil Spencer would be Maitre d’; and Dr Christian Jessen would head up the gym. Kim Woodburn would take on Head of Housekeeping, Kirstie Allsopp would dazzle as Concierge and Katie Piper run the Spa. And Hilary Devey might even pop in for a surprise appearance…

Welcome to Hotel GB, the first ever hotel staffed by Channel 4’s most well-known and popular faces. For one week only, these Channel 4 stars will take over a hotel and staff it with unemployed people desperate for a break in an attempt to show that hard work and a great attitude are the best way to get on.

From the restaurant, to the rooms, from the functions to the guests, Hotel GB will be slick, exciting and packed full of surprises. For the Channel 4 stars, the challenge is to ensure the Hotel makes as much money for employment charities as possible, and to get their trainees into full-time employment by the end of the week.

Gordon and Mary will throw their teams straight in at the deep end and with all of them relatively new to the job, it is going to be tough. Whether they sink or swim will determine not only the success of their team, but also the trainees’ future. Each day the Hotel will open its doors to guests that need to be checked in, served food in the restaurant, and entertained in the bar. There will be breakfasts to make, rooms to clean, complaints to manage, requests for the concierge and plenty of surprises. The professionalism of all the teams will be put to the test – how will they cope if guests aren’t happy with the service? Or if anyone is particularly troublesome and even refuses to pay? With all the hotel’s takings going to unemployment charities, there really is a lot at stake. Which team will come up trumps and raise the most money, Gordon’s or Mary’s?

I've been watching it, it's been incredibly entertaining thus far. I think they at least need to make it a yearly thing, it could be something else to look forward to on the old television. I'm putting bets on now that the girl in reception gets a job at the end of it and the young girl in the kitchen, they have both shone above the others.

It was absolutely shredded on the BBC radio 4 review programmes and sounds highly contrived.Why do we have to further elevate these celebrities on the spurious grounds of helping the unemployed?There must be a better way to pass the time such as the BBC2 programme on India,which was thought provoking,informative and entertaining.

What I can't understand is why was Gok Wam effing and blinding last night when he was behind the bar and his "friends" came in!

Its just more celebrity crap...........Gordon Ramsay, Gok Wan, all the rest of the shower as well most probably. I found the 'off' switch years ago.........trouble is Mrs Nimrod keeps turning the damn thing back on again..........