Sign in to follow this  

Ex-Owls players

Are there any on this list? If so do they have a contact for the Owls Veterans team. If anyone has this information it would be highly useful if you could post it either on this board or pm me.

Cheers in advance and such a long shot too...

Are you trying to organise something?

Not me personally, I'm playing on Saturday in the Mel Rees Memorial Tourniment at the SUFC Academy at Shirecliffe. The organiser has been let down by a team dropping out and it was suggested he try get an ex-Owls team in to fill the place. We're playing as the Internet Owls and there's a slot spare - forum team perhaps - its all good spirited and proceeds go to charity - St Lukes.

I can get you the organisers name if you're interested...

Colin Walker

[email protected]

Good be a good publicity opportunity for the board (yet again!)

Internetowl do you know anything about Laurie Wilson? He has played for you in the LDV a couple of times, and we (Burton) are signing him in the next couple of weeks. He's Danny Wilson's lad.

What about Waddler at Brunsmeer?

Laurie is a great kid - big strong and forceful - a strong tackler like his dad. He upset Turner a few times and thats why he released him..

He'll do well but I don't expect him being at Burton too long.

As for Waddler at Brunsmeer - he's in Portugal at the mo'.

Originally posted by Internetowl

He'll do well but I don't expect him being at Burton too long.

You'd be surprised, the difference between the conference and the lower end of the football league is not as great as it used to be, we're having a new state of the art stadium, going full-time, and having Clough as manager is usually an incentive for players (although therein may lie some truth in what your saying- I'm sure that players realise Cloughie will move into league management at some point in his career and will probably take the best of his current crop with him if he thinks they can make the step-up) to join us. We're also about to sign Mark Robins! I seem to remember he scored a few for you last season. What position does Laurie play? We have had several reports (!) but most say he is a right sided midfielder. I really hope so because our current right mid Craig Dudley formerly of Oldham is a complete waste of space, we need some quality on that side.

He's happy either in central midfield or on the right side - he's not a winger more like his dad...

We signed Laurie on a one year contract today.