Mountain Biking Around Sheffield

HI,

I HAVE LIVED IN SHEFFIELD SINCE SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR AND HAVE ONLY JUST MANAGED TO GET MY BIKE DOWN FROM CUMBIRA!! I AM NOT ACTUALLY A STUDENT YET, I AM TAKING A GAP YEAR BUT WILL BE GOING TO SHEFFIELD UNI NEXT YEAR!!

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANYONE OUT THERE (MALE OR FEMALE) WHO FANCIED MEETING UP FOR A RIDE EITHER IN THE EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS, POSS GO FOR A JAR OR TWO AFTER!?

I USED TO DO A BIT OF TRIALS AND SOME JUMPING BUT WOULD BE UP FOR JUST GENERAL RIDING REALLY!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED POST ME A REPLY OR DROP ME A MAIL ON

[email protected]

CHEERS

JACK

Thursdays at 6pm Bike Track @ Bolehill Recreation Ground at Crookes.

Dirtsociety BMX and MTB club....if you still got the odd jump in you.

Kids of 6 up to old geezers 40+.

Hudu,

have they changed bole hills recently?

spotted this pic on your website and its looking very different to last time i went (which will have been ages ago now...).

B-H-04-f_2.jpg

looks like they've fillled the middle in and the jumps look smaller :(

i clicked on that image link not really knowing what to expect...

my god - that is a serious jump spot. have to go there at some stage. im really crap but what the hell

would be rude not to ;)

...any more places that are good?

Theres the Chainbreaker trails, at the bottom of Twentywell Lane ( link ). Theres also a mini downhill BMX track type thing in Wincobank ( link )

The bolehills has had a recent re-vamp and re-surface for the summer. We have built a new mini track in the centre for nippers/beginners. Well worth a visit, so much stuff to ride for all abilities. And we've mad most stuff much bigger!

Club nights thursdays at 6pm as I mentioned - plus we have a round of the Midland Region Series up there on 4th July.

LOads of places to ride around Sheff. The Wincobank one is another one that I built too. Message via the dirtsociety site for details.

:thumbsup:

so is it all bmx then at these places or are there a some mtb bsx riders in there? im an mtb man myself so was wondering about the etiquette.

does everyone get on ok?

Its all good.

Lots people tend to ride both, myself included. Much prefer the bmx though, far more dangerous! :D

yeah... was watching some of the bmx riders in the devonshire ramps a while back and they are pretty insane. there is something about hitting a ramp / drop at about 30mph that is my bag though :)

..,35 mph will come in useful on a few of the Bolehill jumps....:P