Dog flea question

Thank you for the tips.

Ive ordered the borax substitute

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Household-Cleaners/BORAX-SUBSTITUTE-MULTI-PURPOSE-CLEANER-500G-6PACK/B00LM2PWN0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500709916&sr=8-4&keywords=Borax+Substitute

It should be with me soon Ive also ordered the flea spray. In the mean time ive been vacuming the house like a mad man, got my dog a flea collar and kept a close eye on him. I have seen far less fleas both on him and in the house but the stuff I ordered cant come soon enough.

Ill also be sending back the remaining front line and requesting a refund,

Its garbage and has not worked one bit :-(

To be fair Frontline used to be the absolute best, its a pity that the fleas appear to now be resistant, they need to change the composition now, I'm surprised that they sell much at all.

Good evening, I posted the other day that I still get front line from the vets for my dog. Having read the comments on here I'm worried it might not work (tho he's never had fleas in 10 years). I get the flea and worm treatment every six months when he goes for his checkup, should I be asking for a different product? Thanks

To be fair Frontline used to be the absolute best, its a pity that the fleas appear to now be resistant, they need to change the composition now, I'm surprised that they sell much at all.

From my own experience I think it could be a case of trading on their past reputation, Im certainly going to be giving some of the other products a shot and giving frontline a wide berth from now on.

---------- Post added 25-07-2017 at 22:22 ----------

Good evening, I posted the other day that I still get front line from the vets for my dog. Having read the comments on here I'm worried it might not work (tho he's never had fleas in 10 years). I get the flea and worm treatment every six months when he goes for his checkup, should I be asking for a different product? Thanks

As i said in my opening post my dog had never had fleas either so its not as though he could have built up a resistance to it. I followed the instructions to the letter but it has literally made zero difference. If I were you I would certainly try something else.

my dogs are on frontline absolutely no fleas but if they have had fleas a while then it takes awhile for it to work , several of my customers have frontline on their dogs and its working .

The advantage arrived today (advantage 400)

I'm a bit confused as it came missing the instructions.

It has 4 pipette in the pack each one containing 4.0ml

My dog weighs 40kg

Am I right in thinking I use two of the pipette now and two more in a month?

:)

So absolutely no instructions at all (hard to believe) and you arrive at the decision that two pipettes a month is right!

We have a lot of pets and dont routinely de flea either, I tend to do mine late spring, then autumn (unless they really need it before) and summer I spray my carpet, we never have a flea problem I just watch for them getting itchy, I dont think lots of chemicals are good especially for no reason.

Frontline tends to make mine ill gives them upset stomach. I use a flee comb to check periodically. And only use frontline before going away with them. Just had to use it for the first time this year as they went to a hydrotherapy place and one dog came back with them �� I think if your dog goes to doggy day care or does a lot of association with other dogs it's probably wise to treat them regular . But if anyone can recommend a really good flee treatment I need to try something else that doesn't upset their stomachs.

Edited by rubydo1

The advantage arrived today (advantage 400)

I'm a bit confused as it came missing the instructions.

It has 4 pipette in the pack each one containing 4.0ml

My dog weighs 40kg

Am I right in thinking I use two of the pipette now and two more in a month?

:)

Yes, one now and one each month after, if you really need to treat them as often as that, unless they have a lot of fleas or likely to get a lot I would do them 6 weekly or even less.

Yes, one now and one each month after, if you really need to treat them as often as that, unless they have a lot of fleas or likely to get a lot I would do them 6 weekly or even less.

Thank you Moonbird.

I applied two pipettes a few days ago and now my dog is flea free.

Thank you again :)