Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Power 2014

Easy to watch crime show with 50 Cent about drug kingpin in NY.

Its not "The Wire" level, but its entertaining, I breezed trough 3 season and waiting for 4.

There is scene of sex every 15 minutes which is not necessary bad.

Edited by Guest

The Leftovers final season.

I get it now!!!

Mostly anyway ;)

'The keepers' on Netflix is riveting viewing but highly disturbing!

Tin Star. It tries hard to fall between something like Broadchurch (nice scenery and lots of drone camera work) and banshee (Small town Sheriff with a secret) but it misses both by a mile and feels more like another sky exclusive from a couple of years back Hit and Miss. I'm a fan of Tim Roth but this wasn't his best work, and Christina Hendricks tried to put a shift but the direction was muddled, things like flash backs were badly handled, possibly by too many directors over the series. The two young leads did well though. The penultimate episode was possibly the most miserable bit of telly I've watched in while.

Given the subject matter, cast and location it could have been much better but I thought it was quite a disappointment. 5.5/10

The Leftovers final season.

I get it now!!!

Mostly anyway ;)

Is it worth persevering with? I got a couple of episodes in and packed in.

---------- Post added 17-09-2017 at 16:08 ----------

'The keepers' on Netflix is riveting viewing but highly disturbing!

Totally agree, watched it all last weekend, shocking stuff.

Is it worth persevering with? I got a couple of episodes in and packed in.

---------- Post added 17-09-2017 at 16:08 ----------

I thought it was but I can understand why people would give up. I finished the new series of Twin Peaks - that was totally off its nut in my view - and the Leftovers is more accesible than that, although with both shows you do find yourself asking where its all going! The last episodes of the Leftovers was satisfying and quite heart warming, Twin Peaks just left me scratching my head.

I thought it was but I can understand why people would give up. I finished the new series of Twin Peaks - that was totally off its nut in my view - and the Leftovers is more accesible than that, although with both shows you do find yourself asking where its all going! The last episodes of the Leftovers was satisfying and quite heart warming, Twin Peaks just left me scratching my head.

Might give it another go then, it's just so frustrating when you don't have a clue what's going on! I'm glad you posted about it to be honest, I wondered if it was just me!

Finished all 5 seasons of Miami Vice.

Still, after all this years, entertaining and fun to watch!

Finished all 5 seasons of Miami Vice.

Still, after all this years, entertaining and fun to watch!

I really like the intro music to Miami Vice !:D

Might give it another go then, it's just so frustrating when you don't have a clue what's going on! I'm glad you posted about it to be honest, I wondered if it was just me!

If you ignore the fact the initial premise has little to do with the rest of the series, and you won't understand what's going on for most of it - you'll be fine. If your watching it as a sort of sci-fi procedural ("where has everyone gone? Let's find out") you'll be disappointed. It's really only the latter half of season 3 it starts to become clear and literally the final couple of scenes where it's finally cleared up does it make sense. Now that makes it rewarding or a waste of time depending on your outlook!