What sort of mattress do you sleep on?

I bought a memory foam mattress a couple of years ago and it's now developed Alzheimers. It simply can't remember what shape to spring back to whatsoever.

This is not a rare occurrence either … one of my girlfriend's pillows has it and a friend in Wales has just had his pillows put to sleep due to similar dementia problems (the pillows, not him).

I was planning on booking a one way ticket for my mattress to Dignitas in Switzerland, but then realised I could stand to make a pretty penny by recycling it into car washing sponges and flogging 'em on ebay … I should be able to get around five hundred out of it at a rough guess.

I bought a memory foam mattress a couple of years ago and it's now developed Alzheimers. It simply can't remember what shape to spring back to whatsoever.

This is not a rare occurrence either … one of my girlfriend's pillows has it and a friend in Wales has just had his pillows put to sleep due to similar dementia problems (the pillows, not him).

I was planning on booking a one way ticket for my mattress to Dignitas in Switzerland, but then realised I could stand to make a pretty penny by recycling it into car washing sponges and flogging 'em on ebay … I should be able to get around five hundred out of it at a rough guess.

Love it, Alcoblog :)

Love it, Alcoblog :)

'End of days' for me now, only fourteen posts left 'til retirement so I'm choosing carefully what and where to post. :)

'End of days' for me now, only fourteen posts left 'til retirement so I'm choosing carefully what and where to post. :)

Just wondering how many car washing sponges I'd have to buy to make a mattress. Could be cheapest way of doing it!:) Happy retirement.

Just wondering how many car washing sponges I'd have to buy to make a mattress. Could be cheapest way of doing it!:) Happy retirement.

Ooooh no. The sponges may be inexpensive, but you'd spend a mint on the glue!