UKs top customer for armaments is largest source of Islamic Extremism

Saudi Arabia is the chief foreign promoter of Islamist extremism in the UK, a new report has claimed.

The Henry Jackson Society said there was a "clear and growing link" between Islamist organisations in receipt of overseas funds, hate preachers and Jihadist groups promoting violence.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40496778

Tell us something we dont know. It seems odd how successive governments have failed to stand up to the Saudi's. I remember only recently Saudi Arabia's contribution to help the refugees fleeing syria was not tents or blankets or food. It was funding for mosques (of their branch of Islam) in the host country.

PS. WILFRED OWEN, nice :)

Will this precipitate the publication of the Call me Dave Cameron commissioned report that the Government seems to find embarrassing?

I think not - but it does make the embargo on Qatar more obviously about shutting up Al-Jazeera, and not extremist terrorism curtailment.

I wanted to leave the sig up for the duration of the 100th anniversary, but to be a bit more discreet about it. If I had a prize, I'd give it to you for being curious enough to find out! Top man (or woman)!

Tell us something we dont know. It seems odd how successive governments have failed to stand up to the Saudi's. I remember only recently Saudi Arabia's contribution to help the refugees fleeing syria was not tents or blankets or food. It was funding for mosques (of their branch of Islam) in the host country.

PS. WILFRED OWEN, nice :)

It's not odd - Oil!

Wow, some mod void of humor removed the base64 comments.

Anyway, I suspect Oil is just a means to an end for the Saudi's. Oil = $ = weapons = influence = spread of Wahhabism.

How many dead children do we think each BAE Systems job is worth? I say none.

How many dead children do we think each BAE Systems job is worth? I say none.

A brief google suggests over 34000, mostly skilled. They also build ships etc that help stop piracy, rescue the aforementioned Syrian refugees from overfilled boats. We shouldn't sell arms to Saudi or if we did sell them, we should sell to Iran as well. However, given the cliff the economy is about to fall off - can we be choosy.

Saudi Arabia is the chief foreign promoter of Islamist extremism in the UK, a new report has claimed.

The Henry Jackson Society said there was a "clear and growing link" between Islamist organisations in receipt of overseas funds, hate preachers and Jihadist groups promoting violence.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40496778

UK citizens committing suicide and taking others with them is ultimately a British societal problem. Saudi Arabia won't have answers.

A brief google suggests over 34000, mostly skilled. They also build ships etc that help stop piracy, rescue the aforementioned Syrian refugees from overfilled boats. We shouldn't sell arms to Saudi or if we did sell them, we should sell to Iran as well. However, given the cliff the economy is about to fall off - can we be choosy.

Maybe we should ask people who were at Manchester Arena how choosy we ought to be.

Maybe we should ask people who were at Manchester Arena how choosy we ought to be.

If there are sufficiant, concrete dots that lead to saudi I cna guess what their answer would be. Im not sure there is.

Wow, some mod void of humor removed the base64 comments.

Anyway, I suspect Oil is just a means to an end for the Saudi's. Oil = $ = weapons = influence = spread of Wahhabism.

That's weird.