Pet walkers/Boarders

Hi, i saw an add on facebook for a dog walker/boarder an asked if they had Insurance and a licence an was then sort of entered into a debate as to who should be insured for what. Long story short is there any way i can find out for myself if a dog walker/Boarder is insured or licenced or even a registered bussiness. There is no way i would use the service in question just from the resposes i got but this has now put me in doubt as to weather i can trust just the word of the next walker/boarder i get intouch with. Is there anyway i can check for myself.

When we started using a dog walker we asked them to bring a copy of insurances/CRB check together with references on their first meet visit and checked them out that way.

Not sure if there's a central way of checking that.

You could also look them up on Companies House

Thank's vwkittie.

Thank's vwkittie.

however most walkers are sole traders so as far as the tax man is concerned they fill in a tax form at the end of the year etc and thats fine , , so don't register at companies house. The best way is to look at their references , for example I have people whom i work for who are shop owners/ local people in woodseats so are prominent people who know me etc .

Also if you are getting a pet sitter/ dog walker as around your neighbourhood , I walk in woodseats people see me in the park and in the woods as well as on the streets with dogs. If you are unsure speak with your vet hey will know who is in your area , they wont give any names of unreliable people as it would effect their business too !

Most reputable walkers/boarders will bring proof of insurance and CRB check on first meeting with the owner ( plus first aid certificate if they have one). Plus ask for references .

My husband Rene will always show proof of insurance, police checks etc, even business van insurance and a terms and conditions form is signed dated and kept. This keeps everyone safe.

Thank's everyone.

You could also keep your eyes peeled when you're out for walkers - at least if you see them out walking you know they do actually take them out!

You should always ask to see insurance with any pet sitter or dog walker

A home boarder should be licensed and show you the paperwork from local council.

If your unsure ring the council environmental health and they will confirm if theres a license held at that address

You should always ask to see insurance with any pet sitter or dog walker

A home boarder should be licensed and show you the paperwork from local council.

If your unsure ring the council environmental health and they will confirm if theres a license held at that address

if you home board you need to have your certificate on the wall where it can be seen .

Hi yes there is a easy way to check out home boarders if they really do have a license. You just phone the local council and ask to be put through to Animal Welfare department, you can ask them to check out the home boarding business name to see if they are currently licenced. All licenced dog boarders have to be insured before a licence is granted.

Another way if you prefer is to ask any home border for their licence number? And then phone council to check it's current etc.

Legitimate home boarders will not be phased your checking up on them, everyone should before boarding their dog. ?

Hi yes there is a easy way to check out home boarders if they really do have a license. You just phone the local council and ask to be put through to Animal Welfare department, you can ask them to check out the home boarding business name to see if they are currently licenced. All licenced dog boarders have to be insured before a licence is granted.

Another way if you prefer is to ask any home border for their licence number? And then phone council to check it's current etc.

Legitimate home boarders will not be phased your checking up on them, everyone should before boarding their dog. ?

and ask to speak to Shaun bell .