Tesco petrol station Dinnington.

For the last three weeks I have been to Tesco filling station at Dinnington and the Momentum99 has been off sale. Does anyone know if this is just Dinnington or is it a Tesco issue? I can only use 98+ ron fuel in my car and Momentum is about 6ppl cheaper than Shell Vpower.

Have you not tried Sainburys super? It could be a case that the delivery company are short of drivers. If this is the case instead of sending out premium in a pot (wagon is split into pots) they will fill it with normal to ensure more deliveries are done and prevent shortage of normal fuel. This happens quite a bit. The premium fuels get knocked off from deliveries to maintain normal supply

Have you not tried Sainburys super? It could be a case that the delivery company are short of drivers. If this is the case instead of sending out premium in a pot (wagon is split into pots) they will fill it with normal to ensure more deliveries are done and prevent shortage of normal fuel. This happens quite a bit. The premium fuels get knocked off from deliveries to maintain normal supply

Thanks for the reply, I can't use Sainsbury's as it's only 97ron I can only use shell vpower or Tesco momentum. I'll just have to keep my eye out and see if they get a delivery in the future.

Don't suppose anyone out there knows if any other Tesco garage is stocking it?

Tesco Dinnington have had people working on tanks for about the last 10 days.

Today half of the forecourt has been closed off,it could be a problem with tank,

why not ask in forecourt shop.

Tesco Dinnington have had people working on tanks for about the last 10 days.

Today half of the forecourt has been closed off,it could be a problem with tank,

why not ask in forecourt shop.

Thanks for that, I'll pop in and ask em next time I go shopping.

Thanks for the reply, I can't use Sainsbury's as it's only 97ron I can only use shell vpower or Tesco momentum. I'll just have to keep my eye out and see if they get a delivery in the future.

Don't suppose anyone out there knows if any other Tesco garage is stocking it?

Sorry I thought it was 98 Ron, never realised it was only 97

Sorry I thought it was 98 Ron, never realised it was only 97

Yeah BP & Sainsburys super is 97, shame really but log book says 98+ don't suppose using 97 would hurt as a one off but not a long term solution.

1-2 octane difference won't make any change, if it says 98 RON then 97 or 99 will be fine.

It should have dynamic ignition timing adjustment anyway to take into account small changes in fuel quality.

If it's something you're paranoid about get a knock monitor.

Don't go to Tesco. My friends car runs weird on their petrol and it runs fine on other petrol.

1-2 octane difference won't make any change, if it says 98 RON then 97 or 99 will be fine.

It should have dynamic ignition timing adjustment anyway to take into account small changes in fuel quality.

If it's something you're paranoid about get a knock monitor.

The log book and the petrol cap both state 98+ and the car is a lease so don't want the ECU telling tails on me when the car goes back. Tesco and Shell are fine for me anyway as they are the closest but Tesco is cheaper and the car runs the same on either although I do seem to get about 10 miles extra per tank on VPower.

I have spoken to Tesco and as previously mentioned it's due to maintenance work but they won't give me an ETA for when it will be back, just got to keep my eyes peeled.

I've not heard of an ECU recording when it's had less than 98 octane fuel put through it??

You're being paranoid.