Sign in to follow this  

Schwarzenegger Gets Whacked by an Egg

Reuters - Thu Sep 4,10:34 AM ET

Film star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was accused of ducking a debate with his rivals while running for California governor, could not dodge an egg on Wednesday as he arrived for a campaign rally at a college campus.

:lol: Poor old Arnie - it was all looking so promising at the start...

If Prince Nazeem stood to become local MP for Hallam (or any other local region) then would you vote for him? Or would you think that he's merely doing it for the publicity? I always wonder what would actually happen if the likes of Arnie won the seat they were running for? Surely they would suddenly realise it involves a bit more than going around smiling, waving and getting egged?

Remember Ronald Reagan? That's what happens when these stars win.

One of my main objections to an elected mayor for Sheffield is that we may end up with Bobbie Knutt.:o

Originally posted by Geoff

Reuters - Thu Sep 4,10:34 AM ET

Film star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was accused of ducking a debate with his rivals while running for California governor, could not dodge an egg on Wednesday as he arrived for a campaign rally at a college campus.

:lol: Poor old Arnie - it was all looking so promising at the start...

If Prince Nazeem stood to become local MP for Hallam (or any other local region) then would you vote for him? Or would you think that he's merely doing it for the publicity? I always wonder what would actually happen if the likes of Arnie won the seat they were running for? Surely they would suddenly realise it involves a bit more than going around smiling, waving and getting egged?

No way would I vote for Naz.

However if I was in the states I'd vote for Arnie!

Remember Demolition Man... when Sandra bullock is talking to Stallone in the car about the 'Schwarzenegger Presidential Libraries'??? Some things in the movies may come true after all!

isn't there a danger of hyperrealism?

y'know voting for the cool characters arnie plays and the actors' persona portrayed, instead of the political issues.

Probably... but I dont care!:D

Stop analyising me ali... or have you finished your course now?:lol:

not you - people generally!

no. another essay and an exam... then fast track scheme to be the next minister of culture. or maybe the secretary of culture. haven't decided yet.

Arnie's a Republican candidate, isn't he? Gnarly.

Clint Eastwood made it to Gov some American State and the locals made his day.

Punk:D

Arnie Swartz. is a nice enough guy, we need more people like him to enter politics. instead of these smarmy sterio types that infest out political system, he seems to be a man who would call a spade a spade and get things done, yes, I would vote for him!!!

It's a bit early for eggs. He has not had chance to do anything wrong yet. :lol:

Originally posted by DaBouncer

No way would I vote for Naz.

However if I was in the states I'd vote for Arnie!

Remember Demolition Man... when Sandra bullock is talking to Stallone in the car about the 'Schwarzenegger Presidential Libraries'??? Some things in the movies may come true after all!

Nope, he can't be prez, cause he wasn't born in the USA. Phew.