'Mobile' phone jamming scam

Originally posted in The Register

Ronnie McGuire was caught selling the illegal devices, which send out radio waves that swamp the signal between base stations and mobile phones, rendering handsets inoperable in the vicinity of the jamming equipment. He was selling the devices, imported from Taiwan, to hotels and bars at £75 a time.

So when you guys are not receiving signals in your hotel... you know why!

Full story here

:?

Please could someone at Midland Mainline illegally buy some - mobiles drive me mad when I'm on the train. However, I wouldn't mind being in charge of the off/on switch - in case I need to call my other half :twisted:

Originally posted by geoff

Please could someone at Midland Mainline illegally buy some - mobiles drive me mad when I'm on the train. However, I wouldn't mind being in charge of the off/on switch - in case I need to call my other half :twisted:

sit in coach D! the quiet zone.

what i don't understand is why people don't just put their mobs on vibrate then you wouldn't get stuff like 10 people checking their phones everytime one rings on a bus, etc. and somepeople have their phones on the loudest possible setting and sit at work allday texting people - that is so bugging! haven't thought of a polite way of asking people in my office to put their pones on silent/turn vol down without sounding like a neurotic cow.

TinaJones once uttered:

haven't thought of a polite way of asking people in my office to put their pones on silent/turn vol down without sounding like a neurotic cow.

How about registering a hotmail address and sending them an email without saying its you? "Someone in your office wants you to turn off your [insert swear word here] mobile at work because it is driving them razy. In addition to this they would appreciate it if you washed more often as they have a sense of smell which is offended every time you walk by."

Just a suggestion.

Originally posted by richard

TinaJones once uttered:

How about registering a hotmail address and sending them an email without saying its you? "Someone in your office wants you to turn off your [insert swear word here] mobile at work because it is driving them razy. In addition to this they would appreciate it if you washed more often as they have a sense of smell which is offended every time you walk by."

Just a suggestion.

LMAO