Cost for change of name on title deeds

Has anyone changed the names on the title deeds of a property, and how much did your solicitor charge? I'm just wanting to get a rough idea of the costs involved.

My name would remain on the property, it is the other party's name I am wanting to replace.

I'm not sure whether it matters, but there is a mortgage on the property which would also be changing names.

You might be as well messaging Jeffrey shaw on here ,he would have a good idea

When you say change of name, do you mean change of name or change of the person. If it's a name change you can do that yourself with the land registry and evidence of the change of name. No fee required. A solicitor of course will charge you to do this and I would guess about £150.00 + vat.

If it's a change of person then you would need to contact your mortgage provider and I imagine you will need to apply for a new mortgage in both your name and the name of the new person. This of course will cost, with solicitors fees to carry out the legal side of the change.

When you say change of name, do you mean change of name or change of the person. If it's a name change you can do that yourself with the land registry and evidence of the change of name. No fee required. A solicitor of course will charge you to do this and I would guess about £150.00 + vat.

If it's a change of person then you would need to contact your mortgage provider and I imagine you will need to apply for a new mortgage in both your name and the name of the new person. This of course will cost, with solicitors fees to carry out the legal side of the change.

I would be changing the other party on the deeds to a different person, sorry I wasn't fully clear :)

I've contacted the mortgage provider and they will charge a fee of £180. I have a telephone appointment with them to go through affordability checks, fingers crossed they will accept it :? . It is easily affordably based on our joint income, its just the credit checks that could be an issue. It will be the same mortgage, they don't actually offer new products anymore.

I've rung a few solicitors, but only got one price so far, it is £524 including VAT and obtaining a copy of the deeds.

This case does not involve a 'change of name', in reality, but a Transfer of the registered title.

The mortgagee would certainly insist on it being supervised by a solicitor, whether or not the Transferor and Transferee use solicitors.