Leaking on floor( Peugeot 206)

Hi,happy new year.

I've got problem on my Peugeot 206 passengers side floors. Its been wet for a year now..been checked already can't find sort of where it came from.. I put towels on floor and infewdays,its soaking wet even its not raining,,please any advice or idea to help me..I can't take off the carpet I might not put it back..than yous xx

It could be coming from anywhere and leaks are often almost impossible to find.

If it has a sunroof, open it fully and check the drain tubes are not blocked.

Also, inside the doors (behind the trim) is a cellophane water guard, sometimes the adhesive comes unstuck and lets water drip on the inside.

The air intake just under the windscreen (outside) in the middle has water drains, these can get blocked with leafs etc.

That's a start for you.

Also, if you have been having to top the radiator up a lot, it's possibly the heater matrix leaking inside the car.

I'm wondering if the passenger may have a history of bladder related problems? Maybe it'd be more efficacious to put Tena pants on the floor instead of a towel? :huh:

I'm wondering if the passenger may have a history of bladder related problems? Maybe it'd be more efficacious to put Tena pants on the floor instead of a towel? :huh:

Oh well,,

Will ask that passenger,,

Thing is.. Hardly I've got passenger's..

But hey thanks for reply,,

You make me lol

---------- Post added 02-01-2017 at 12:02 ----------

It could be coming from anywhere and leaks are often almost impossible to find.

If it has a sunroof, open it fully and check the drain tubes are not blocked.

Also, inside the doors (behind the trim) is a cellophane water guard, sometimes the adhesive comes unstuck and lets water drip on the inside.

The air intake just under the windscreen (outside) in the middle has water drains, these can get blocked with leafs etc.

That's a start for you.

Also, if you have been having to top the radiator up a lot, it's possibly the heater matrix leaking inside the car.

Thankyou,will check it now

Water was finding its way over the door seal and then dripping down onto the mat?

Water was finding its way over the door seal and then dripping down onto the mat?

Thank you ,,

Will check it too.. Xx

Hi,happy new year.

I've got problem on my Peugeot 206 passengers side floors. Its been wet for a year now..been checked already can't find sort of where it came from.. I put towels on floor and infewdays,its soaking wet even its not raining,,please any advice or idea to help me..I can't take off the carpet I might not put it back..than yous xx

I use A hose pipe to find leaks ,just keep spraying all round pass side of car and then check if you can see any water coming in .like someone else has said is heater matrix leaking at all ? The towels getting wet when it's not raining is probley towels absorbing all water out of carpet

It might be coming from your AC pipework behind passenger's drawer (If you car has AC).

My boyfriend's car had a leak just like this in the front passenger side, which we found by blasting a hose all round, as suggested above. In the end, it was coming in from the radio Ariel at the back... It just needed silicone round it. We thought the amount of water meant a big leak, but it was a tiny break in the rubber seal.

Had a 309 some years ago that had a mysterious leak in passenger side. Turned out that both drainage holes in recess above bulkhead were partially blocked with leaves, seeds and other tree residue. When parked up the camber of the road meant all the trapped water congregate on passenger side and had resulted in heavy rust causing a pinprick of a leak in area under windscreen.

Fixed it using copious amounts of silicone sealant and a rubber patch...... after clearing drain holes.

I use A hose pipe to find leaks ,just keep spraying all round pass side of car and then check if you can see any water coming in .like someone else has said is heater matrix leaking at all ? The towels getting wet when it's not raining is probley towels absorbing all water out of carpet

I had Thisbe issue with a car a few years ago. Passenger side constantly wet during dry weather. Turned out to be the heating matrix. Due to its awkward location the labour chatge was quite expensive.

Binned it and bought another car.

We had a similar problem in an older car, and eventually found the leak was from a tiny pin hole in a hose behind the glovebox.

The only time the water made an appearance was when the engine was running under pressure, akin to speeding up a steep hill,