Bye bye 2016. What did it mean for you. Good Bad Indifferent

2016. Good bad or indifferent?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. 2016. Good bad or indifferent?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Indifferent

Another year almost over and 2016 was a momentous one. A vote to leave the EU. Trump elected president in the USA. Corbyn re-elected leader of the Labour Part. A lot of celebs bowing out. Britain's most sucessful Olympic Games.

But we haven't yet left the EU. Trump has not yet become president and Corbyn has yet to change Labour's manifesto. So far all 3 issues are all talk and argument.

So how was 2016 for you? What did you achieve? What were the highs and lows?

Good?

Bad?

Just another year?

What were your highs and what were your lows?.

Edited by hush

losing both Terry Wogan and Alan Rickman so early in the year was quite a blow.

Despite everything that's happened this year ,having my car totalled by a coach and me walking away from it (well, after paramedics managed to get my fingers prised from the steering wheel) and then falling downstairs and damaging ligaments in my knee from which I am still recovering, Trump, celebrity deaths et al nothing has changed.

Highlights? Absolutely smashing caravan holiday touring Portugal, Spain and France with my wife and granddaughter, excellent holiday in Cancun ,Brexit and family being in good health.

Being positive helps because if you look at all the negative news and think about it, how has it really affected you?

After a lot of hard work and uncertainty, landed a fantastic new job which I love, and I recently enjoyed a wonderful holiday with my Husband who continues to be my total rock and makes me smile every day...so those were my highlights.

Sadly I lost beloved Grandma on December 21st following a 5 year battle with cancer, so that's overshadowed the last 10 days :(

What could be better. The birth of 2 grand daughters within 6 weeks of each other !!

After a lot of hard work and uncertainty, landed a fantastic new job which I love, and I recently enjoyed a wonderful holiday with my Husband who continues to be my total rock and makes me smile every day...so those were my highlights.

Sadly I lost beloved Grandma on December 21st following a 5 year battle with cancer, so that's overshadowed the last 10 days :(

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, hope you are ok. xx :(

Good points.

Son got married.

Daughter got the University she wanted.

Bad points.

Overworked.

Better work/life balance.

Look for another job.

Stop chasing girls.