Turkey claims USA is supporting ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-president-erdogan-us-coalition-support-terrorists-a7497841.html

this is something that i have always believed, i have for a long long time believed that all this fighting ISIS was a smokescreen for trying to topple the Syrian government...and i had been called a conspiracy theorist for stating this belief, i hope Mr Erdogan can put some meat on the bones and show us his evidence. (if he has any)

What would your thoughts be if it did indeed turn out to be true?

Edited by banjodeano

would not surprise me.

Every nation is in for what they can get out of it.

Britain and America get to remove leaders unfriendly to their interests.

Turkey gets to remove the Kurds.

Iran and Russia get to increase their sphere of influence across the Mid East.

All the while the poor Syrians in Aleppo are getting blown up or freezing to death in a bitterly cold winter.

would not surprise me.

Every nation is in for what they can get out of it.

Britain and America get to remove leaders unfriendly to their interests.

Turkey gets to remove the Kurds.

Iran and Russia get to increase their sphere of influence across the Mid East.

All the while the poor Syrians in Aleppo are getting blown up or freezing to death in a bitterly cold winter.

and doesnt that just make you weep, innocent people suffering for other peoples profits, what a messed up world in which we live

It's been an open secret that the Saudis and gulf states have been funding ISIS and the the US has at the very least, been aware of this. Whether they have been actively supporting them as well? It wouldn't surprise me at all because there have been rumours to this effect for a while.

and doesnt that just make you weep, innocent people suffering for other peoples profits, what a messed up world in which we live

It does, but when I posted a reply on one thread expressing concern over innocent civilians that were being killed in Iraq I had a reply saying that I was a traitor and should be hung. Wierd.

Erdogan is another of Putins puppets,he'll say what he thinks Putin would like him to say,both of them I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them,and I wouldn't believe it if either of them told me today was Wednesday.

If any of this is true,will Donald Trump make any difference ?

If any of this is true,will Donald Trump make any difference ?

Turkey (that's turkey who were buying oil from Isis) is getting its knickers in a twist over the US helping the Kurds. America has given money and guns to rebel groups who they thought were "nice" rebel groups only for them to turn into "not nice" rebel groups or ISIS. Or indeed ISIS beat them and took them anyway. How anyone can be difinative on who is who and where they got that heavy machine gun on the back of any given pick up truck is beyond me.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=11

this is something that i have always believed, i have for a long long time believed that all this fighting ISIS was a smokescreen for trying to topple the Syrian government...and i had been called a conspiracy theorist for stating this belief, i hope Mr Erdogan can put some meat on the bones and show us his evidence. (if he has any)

What would your thoughts be if it did indeed turn out to be true?

Why have you put that link in? It goes nowhere.

Claiming and that actually being reality are different things.

I dont believe its true, unless you probide some decent eveidence. yes I think you are a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so I would truat my own ability to analyse things over yours.

I also wouldnt trust Erdogan or treat anything he said with extreme caution. He's normally the one being accused of assisting ISIS.

Pointless specualtion tbh and quite disappointed with your OP as it amounts to nothing.

Enjoy your conspiracies deano.

Why have you put that link in? It goes nowhere.

Claiming and that actually being reality are different things.

I dont believe its true, unless you probide some decent eveidence. yes I think you are a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so I would truat my own ability to analyse things over yours.

I also wouldnt trust Erdogan or treat anything he said with extreme caution. He's normally the one being accused of assisting ISIS.

Pointless specualtion tbh and quite disappointed with your OP as it amounts to nothing.

Enjoy your conspiracies deano.

Sorry about the link, its now corrected, thanks for pointing it out...

We all have own opinions, and thats great, i suppose we will have to wait and see if any evidence is forthcoming?

There was an ex UK ambassador to that part of the world on radio last week.

He was saying the west had learned nothing from the conflict in Iraq.

We're getting involved in a conflict with so many different factions. Turkey and the Kurds, Saudi Arabia and Iran, Sunni and Shia, Russia and the west.

Even the rebels are made up of groups that would normally be on opposite sides and probably fighting each other.

And we've still got politicians like George Osborne who think our involvement can solve the problems that have gone on for years.

Ah boo!

What with this being the season of goodwill and everything, I thought the thread might be about a Christmas turkey doing the accusing. I was hoping that maybe it'd caught ISIS planning to blow up balloons with helium supplied by the yanks in a Christmas sale (50% off) of inert monotonic gasses.