Drone driving test?

The government recently proposed forcing drone users to take a safety test, but at the moment, any consumer in the UK can buy a drone, get it out of the box and fly it around without any kind of permission.

I know someone that has used a drone for photography.

These things have lots of potential, for good and bad. There does need to be restrictions on their sale, before someone is killed, not after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37318584

Id rather the government force cyclists to pass a test before being allowed on the road. They are far more dangerous than Drones.

Id rather the government force cyclists to pass a test before being allowed on the road. They are far more dangerous than Drones.

I could pass any test on my bike; and still pass you on the inside and go through that light at red ;)

i would rather they forced drivers to resit their tests every 5 yrs.

that would save more lives than anything else

What about drivers from the continent?

??? what about them?

-

I thought the same:

... but actually a flaw, is this (among a few others).

Taking a test doesn't stop the minority of bad drivers. We had a near miss on Christmas Eve at Tinsley roundabout, when another driver came through a red light, a milliseconds difference would have meant us T boning their car.

---------- Post added 26-12-2016 at 08:24 ----------

I'd like to see retests and more policing of the eyesight requirements. Too many people who don't have regular eye tests or are too vain to wear glasses.

As the thread is about drones, back on topic please.

Thank you.

Why dont we see full size drones?

would need massive batteries.

It would cut out loads of traffic queues in those commuter journeys shorter than an hour.

Why dont we see full size drones?

Like the predator and the reaper?

The government recently proposed forcing drone users to take a safety test, but at the moment, any consumer in the UK can buy a drone, get it out of the box and fly it around without any kind of permission.

I know someone that has used a drone for photography.

These things have lots of potential, for good and bad. There does need to be restrictions on their sale, before someone is killed, not after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37318584

You've been able to build model aircraft both gliders and powered for decades. They are often larger, heavier, and do more damage and are powered by explosive nitromethane fuel.

No one ever got worried about them and demanded restrictions on their use. So why are people worried about drones.

Could it be because.......they can have cameras on board and therefore must Be Up To No Good?

You could always drive a radio controlled car though, I had one from about the age of 8, nobody ever died.