Has a conditional offer for council-advice needed

Hiya

basically i applied for and had an interview for a job at sheffield council.

Got old on monday i was successful at the interview and they now had to request references before a proper offer would be sent from HR.

had a letter from HR yest confirming i had a conditional offer of employment but were checking references etc.

know it mainly depends on how quickly my referees get back to them, but just wondered how long it will be before i get a 'proper' job offer. anyone had any experience of this with the council?

im just getting very disillusioned and fed up with my JSA visits esp now im on 6 weeks of 'weekly' sign on so the sooner i can tell them i have a proper job the better!! ( i had to take my CV in last week despite telling them id had an interview at the council and been successful!!).

What kind of position did you apply for?

P.S I know how you feel with the weekly sign ins, thats what Im having to do atm, its a pain!

hiya

it was Business Support officer role. my friend and former manager who is doing my personal ref said she received the letter today and was sending reference back so hoping it wont be long till i hear from them!

yeah the weekly sign ins are a joke. ive only done 2-got 4 more to go hence why im hoping the council make me a concrete job offer sharpish! i know they are only trying to help but i thought it was a bit ridiculous they asked me to bring in a CV after telling them id had a successful interview!

at my 2 month meeting i printed off a 10 page spreadsheet with all evidence of jobs and stuff i have applied for and they were hardly bothered about seeing it (so much for them telling me in ther appointment letter that they would need to see all evidence of what i had been doing). now on the weekly sign ins its like the Spanish inquisition on what ive been doing as if im just messing about all week. ive lost count of how many jobs ive actually applied for lol. just gets me mad when you see some of the 'types' that go in there and you just know they are blatantly tossing it off in between signing on!

hows your job search going?

Not great, still looking and applying. Well done on getting the Business Support role, should be a good notch on your CV. U got experience in the role?

When I saw your post, I assumed it might be a job for council via an agency or something so thats why I asked about the job you'd applied for.

no i applied direct through the council website. was my second go at getting in at the council-first time i got through to interview stage but no further. however think that helped me this time round as knew more what to expect.

i havent worked at council before but i have got lots of admin experience and have done a lot of similar things to what the job spec said etc.

good luck with your search-how long u been out of work?

I finished Uni in May so Ive been looking since then.