Agency Workers, Good or Bad Thing ??

Being one myself I beg the question "From both Agency workers and company employees in contact with agency workers what do you think of each other ?"

ME ?? : I am a professional driver with nearly 30 years driving experience of which nearly 15 of those are driving HGV,s . I have never had an "Incident" whilst driving and conduct myself in a polite non aggressive manner at all times both to pedestrians and other motorist's but I do not like driving a vehicle that some slob agency/company driver has driven previously that has left the cab looking like Salvador Dali's dustbin.... :rant: Nor do I particularily like the dumb ass agency warehouse staff that forget how to count if there are more than ten item's on a pallet. :rant::huh:

I like working for agencies as it it always different challenges every week, but I am getting pig sick of these foreign agency workers that are getting employed in large numbers it seems by major distributors that constantly get orders completely wrong..... ?? Easy come easy go employee's.. I have to deal with this crap at the sharp end and get all the glorious thanks (sic) So Agencies... Try stop employing idiots and anyone that will work for minimum wages and long hours that can sign their name and start using aptitude tests again and make my life a bit easier.. TA... :rant: OOO I feel better now... Dont Ask..... ;):D

i worked in a bakery that used agency staff,the agency staff were mostly foreign and most could'nt speak english but they new the words" break"and "you're racist".when i worked with these people i had to do my job plus help with whatever they were doing because they just could'nt do it and i found a certain country folk very lazy,polish,malaysian and indian workers were good and wanted to learn but others just seemed to want an easy quid. now i dont mind foreign people coming to work/live here but when the government says they are good for our economy i beg to differ,they dont buy things from our shops,they all smoke foreign cigs sent to them by there familys,or bought from polish run shops for £3.50. i know this because i know a polish lady and she told me about them herself.

i worked in a bakery that used agency staff,the agency staff were mostly foreign and most could'nt speak english but they new the words" break"and "you're racist".when i worked with these people i had to do my job plus help with whatever they were doing because they just could'nt do it and i found a certain country folk very lazy,polish,malaysian and indian workers were good and wanted to learn but others just seemed to want an easy quid. now i dont mind foreign people coming to work/live here but when the government says they are good for our economy i beg to differ,they dont buy things from our shops,they all smoke foreign cigs sent to them by there familys,or bought from polish run shops for £3.50. i know this because i know a polish lady and she told me about them herself.

The reason why we buy things from our shops is becase your shops do not always have things that one may need. Like for example Halal meat, or certain spices and etc... I buy my fags from an Arabic shop and they cost £3! Why would I want to go and pay £5.50?

Edited by la_emme
spelling mistake

because if your living in our country you should be giving back to our economy?

i like agency work for the same reasons as you do. i agree that unfortunately in the past agencies employed an awful lot of wasters who did not want a job and were only paying lip service to the benefits agency. this helped benefits staff to reach their targets for getting people back into work. most agency workers seldom last a day before they are off again. the benefit agencies, back to work targets are the reason people who have not been out of work long are pulverised into taking anything that comes along instead of jobs in line with their skills and experience. soft targets like this makes benefit staff feel good at reaching their goals getting people back to work. they should try getting the lazy ******** who have never worked into jobs, now thats what i call an achievement target. ten years without a job and these people should be sent to a workhouse.

i think agencies should be abolished and all vacancies should go through the benefits system, that way employees would have some employment rights and be paid a decent wage without agencies and composite companies taking a cut. when the law changed to give agency workers holiday pay for example, they could not claim holiday pay because the agencies simply quoted holiday pay as part of the hourly rate, for example, before the law changed if you were paid £10 per hour, your pay slip said £10 per hour, after the change, your pay slip would say something like pay of £8.25 plus £1.75 holiday pay meaning absolutely no difference to your income and a complete waste of time introducing the law in the first place. a properly employed person would get pay £10 plus £1.75 holiday pay which is held until holidays are taken, and then paid out. so basically an agency worker is £1.75 worse off.

employment agencies and agricultural gangmasters have often been caught employing illegals and this will not change until more severe penalties are imposed and applied.

as for cheap fags, they are a product of high taxation and an inability to control our borders. i dont think there are many smokers in the country who dont know where to get cheap fags, its just that most smokers are too addicted to them to give a **** about the price they are paying.

an agency has taken me on for work, the view which i get is that everyone has a different way of working. due to this store staff/ managment and agency workers dont tend to get on well with each other. plus as i do night shifts most agency workers are right grummy people. this could be down to the staff/ managment making us do alsorts of work out of our job descript. but at the end of the day much better then being on the dole.

Dave