Sign in to follow this  

Barcelona

I'm off to sunny Barcelona on Monday and was wondering if anyone else has been? If you have, I would be grateful if you could give me an idea about the best places to see, eat and places that are not so hot etc.

Please help. I've not been before and I want to soak up as much culture of the city as possible in the week that I have there.

No idea but heard it's fab ...... wont let me reply to your PM either

Originally posted by Lindseyw

No idea but heard it's fab ...... wont let me reply to your PM either

Yeah, it's all going Ape at the moment! :lol:

Barcelona is great, although beware of the crime in the evenings on Las Ramblas (big wide street with trees ;)). It's mainly pick pocketing, bag snatching etc. Last time I went, we just sat there in a street side cafe and watched about 3 petty crimes - I hope they've stamped down on it now.

As for the private messages - you will find that it is now working. The reason you couldn't reply is because your PM mail box was probably full. Please clear out some old Private Messages and also check your sent items folder.

Geoff

Cheers Geoff!! I'm staying just off Ramblas so I will keep an eye on my valuables.

when i went to barc i stayed just off las ramblas and had no trouble - although the hotel was cheap and looked like a brothel! loads of great art galleries round there tho.

do not miss the unfinished church - sagradia familia, or gaudi's house - you must go inside and up to the roof.

i think the beach is man-made but trains are reight cheap so i reccommend chipping off on a day trip to a nicer piece of coast.

and don't forget to go clothes shopping! soooo cheap.

Barcelona is great, probably my favourite city of those that I have been to. The essential things to do are the Sagrada Familia and Gaudi's house as mentioned already. If you want a good view of the city, the communications tower that was built for the Olympics has a great viewing platform. Make sure you check out the Montjuic Fountain display in the evening.