Sign in to follow this  

Special software search

The plan is to project an image onto the wall of the pub and make it move in time to the music. It could be a heartbeat, or a shape that alters (a bit like Windows Media Player), but it needs to move faster to fast songs and slower to slow songs and react more to heavier beats than smoother tunes.

I'd need a type of software to run this so I can link the computer to the projector.

Does anyone know the name of a program that does this?

The above can be done from many software packages, the main problem usually is a hardware one. The most likely scenario is you will need a card with DVI capability, or something with tv-out on it.

What type of projector are u intending to use?

Is it a pub style video projector, if so then the answer is likely yes, but you will need a patch lead.

There may be a DVI expert on here somewhere who can elaborate further.

:)

[edit]

Software wise, at the basic level, winamps visualisation mode can do pretty complex patterns and stuff, and theres lots of plugins for it, and it can do it to the music as well. The plus side is you could also use it for playback of the music. To do it seperately tho i have little clue, there is probably software that will sync a pattern to music but ive not come across it yet.

[/edit]

It will be a pub type projector - or just a projector that you may plug a computer in to run a presentation from a laptop.

I just want to project lots of weird patterns onto the wall that react in time to the music.

I've searched Google for freeware like this but nothing is jumping out at me....

i'll have to say winamp or music match.

I use winamp personally and i used to use it when i was a dj a long time back. But i had better gear back then including a laser system.

Id say try winamp and mess around with that, it may well be sufficient. As for your search, i did one on "music visualisation" and there isnt a great deal of choice.

I did find one tho under a diff search:

http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/vjprgpix/lava/lava.htm

Google Search Url

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sound+to+visual%22&sourceid=opera&num=100

I manage a school which has 60 projectors connected to computers. You will find that many projectors will accept the RGB monitor signal from the computer.

definatly winamp + projector

we used to use it in school for displays similar to what you mention classic rock :)

the winamp vis studio is excellent

CD Spectrum Pro is also very good, but without the soft blending. Go to the page and have a look at the kinemorphic and psychedelic screensavers that work with it, impressive stuff (but shareware)

But when this comes out, I shall be getting myself a copy I think, as Geoff Latham's Organic Art, whilst simple, has an inimitable look to it, and I am very pleased that after 5 years or more, they are finally adding sound reaction to it.