Sign in to follow this  

Sound editing software - HELP!

I hope someone can help with this...

I've recently been recording oral history interviews for work, on a digital recorder. I then downloaded the wav files onto the computer programme provided with the recorder. But it just isn't very clear and easy to use when it comes to editing. It just relies on you listening and deleting, and I'm not brave enough to do that. Nor can you increase volume on quieter tracks to match the rest.

I remember my father having some software where you could 'see' the speech patterns, etc and could cut things and move things around really easily and accurately.

Anybody got an idea of some programme I could transfer my wav files onto so I can edit them into a semblance of order? Otherwise any listeners will be treated to long silences and me constantly telling kids to behave and pay attention (which is a giggle, but not too professional)

PLEASE HELP!

Oh, excellent. 'Fun and simple' just sums up my ability level. Of course preferably I'd go for something free, but there's try before you buy, thank goodness.

Thank you v00d00

In the past I've used Cool Edit Pro which is relatively easy to get to grips with. These days I use Sound Forge for my wav editing needs (which are rare), but it is harder to learn.

Now, when you say 'relatively easy', please remember that I have the attention span of a concussed goldfish when it comes to maths... and computer software. :lol: