The Darnall Parade

Can anyone remember the Darnall Parade and where it started and where it finished?

I seem to think Devonshire Street came into it somewhere, also when did they stop doing

it?

Darnall Medical Aid Easter Parade started in the 1920's.

My grandad was the bandleader who led the parade before the war,and my parents ran the DMA skiffle group which performed in the parade in the the 1950's.

The parade switched to the summer because we were fed up of dressing lorries in blizzards in Fisher Lane! It always finished in High Hazels Park,and was replaced by Darnall Carnival which is now run by Darnall Forum.

the easter parade went up staniforth road and into high hazels park where it terminated.

on the short road into the park it went past a small building on the left which was sutherlands potted meat factory. on the left there were a few houses and a very industrias cfhap had a candy floss machine and used to flog it to the kids.....I think he only got it out on parade day.