Who lived on Harworth Street, Walkley?

We are planning to mark out the even numbered houses of Harworth Street, between 2 and 62 for the Ruskin Park Fun Day on the 6th July 2013. Harworth Street was demolished during slum clearance in the early 1970s.

School children from Walkley Primary School and, hopefully, St Mary’s will measure out and mark the houses during the week before the fun day.

We would like to display the names of the people who lived in the houses, along with their jobs and any surviving photos if possible, for visitors to the fun day to see. We will also create a discovery trail for children.

We've found names of residents in the Electoral Registers and Street Directories but would like to find out a bit more for the displays.

Does anyone have any information, memories or photos of the people who lived in the even-numbered houses of Harworth Street houses during the 1960s and early 1970s before demolition?

If you can help out please get in touch.

Just come across this while searching for harworth street , did this ever happen ? Is there a link to any of it ? thanks

I was at the Ruskin park fun day and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing all the old streets and houses marked out. Can't provide any links to photos etc I'm afraid....