Looking for any Staniforths or decendants

I'm in the middle of a surname study on the Staniforths, I have quite an extensive tree at the moment that starts at Henry Stannyforthe that was buried 1575 Norton, his son William was baptized 1560 and the tree from there branches off to Hackenthorpe, Eckington/Ridgeway, Darnall and I have certain branches going off to America and Australia, if any Staniforths want me to try and tie them in and you have a bit of information about your parents, grandparents or beyond shoot me a PM if you don't want to share anything publicly.

I'm in the middle of a surname study on the Staniforths, I have quite an extensive tree at the moment that starts at Henry Stannyforthe that was buried 1575 Norton, his son William was baptized 1560 and the tree from there branches off to Hackenthorpe, Eckington/Ridgeway, Darnall and I have certain branches going off to America and Australia, if any Staniforths want me to try and tie them in and you have a bit of information about your parents, grandparents or beyond shoot me a PM if you don't want to share anything publicly.

Hi natonstan i went to school with a boy named staniforth his name was John and his father was Harry they lived at Attercliffe will this help

Hi natonstan i went to school with a boy named staniforth his name was John and his father was Harry they lived at Attercliffe will this help

Hi MILO, that's definitely interesting, I'll see if I can look him up, do you know what age he'd be? The Attercliffe line is definitely one I'm familiar with

Hi MILO, that's definitely interesting, I'll see if I can look him up, do you know what age he'd be? The Attercliffe line is definitely one I'm familiar with

Hi natonstan the lad is same age as me so he was born 1956 57 his dad would be about same age as my dad my dad was born 1929 my friend John also had a younger brother he was called Harry hope this is helpful

Frank Staniforth was a chargehand electrician who worked at Brown Bayleys steel works in the 1960,s. He worked six 12 hour shifts a week ,days then nights.He was probably in his fifties then.A very,very nice man who helped me and many other electricians.

Frank Staniforth was a chargehand electrician who worked at Brown Bayleys steel works in the 1960,s. He worked six 12 hour shifts a week ,days then nights.He was probably in his fifties then.A very,very nice man who helped me and many other electricians.

Biker, he sounds like a great man! I'll have to try and find something out about him, that was some work he was putting in, if he was in his 50s in the 60s he must have been born around the start of the 1900s so I bet I'd be able to find his birth record and go from there, I'll definitely let you know what I come up with

My cousin had a teacher By the name of Staniforth at St Paul's school in the 1960's.

He thinks his first name may have been Brian. He also remembers a family by the name of Staniforth (no relation) who lived off Daresbury Drive, possibly on East Bank Way or East Bank View, again in the sixties.

Around the late 1950s early1960 their was a older lady and family named Staniforth at #2,#4 Allerton road (Darnell /Attercliffe??) SHEFFIELD

Edited by Roger I B

The Staniforths are part of my family history. They came from the Woodside area of Sheffield and some are buried in Christ Church, Pitsmoor Rd. and others are in Burmgreave cemetery. Look in Sheffield Indexe under deaths. Good luck with your search.

There was a Staniforth in my year at High Storrs Grammar School. He would have been born in 1941/42. The school has an alumni register maintained by its communications department.

Post deleted

Edited by Re-Enactor
wrong info

I was at school in the early 70's(King Edward V11school) with a Geoffrey (poss. Jeffry) Staniforth. He lived somewhere in or near to Crosspool and I believe that his dad had something to do with luxury cars. I was told that Geoffrey had two other Christian names..Fraser (pos Frazer), Alexander...making him Geoffrey, Frazer, Alexander, Staniforth. Boys being boys, most of us called him Stan lol.

I hope that this is of use.