Lodge Moor or Rivelin

I currently live in Heeley on a main road so either of the above areas will be a bonus. So which is better, am talking about less crime, less yobs, not too fussed about pubs etc.

Lodge moor I would be looking at the top end of crimicar lane,near the golf course and spider park and rivelin I am looking at just of fairbarn road/Roscoe bank so not sure if that would actually be stannington.

Basically looking for a quiet area with no kids on street corners, no weirdos and also not too far from civilisation.

Pros and cons of each?

2 very different areas. Roscoe Bank and Fairbarn Drive certainly DO NOT meet your criteria! Lodge Moor is undoubtedly a far better choice.

What's wrong with The Roscoe bank area? Never venture up those sides of town much so don't know anything about Stannington and always thought lodge moor was a quiet area but seem to be lots of council flats?

What's wrong with The Roscoe bank area? Never venture up those sides of town much so don't know anything about Stannington and always thought lodge moor was a quiet area but seem to be lots of council flats?

Best thing to do is go up to both areas and judge them for yourself.

Why is Lodge Moor a far better choice? Did you used to live on Roscoe bank, Olilew?

Why is Lodge Moor a far better choice? Did you used to live on Roscoe bank, Olilew?

I did yes!

I did yes!

As far as I recall Rivelin denotes a different area and Id associate that with down in the valley.

Roscoe Bank also denotes quite a small area near the old school.

Theres the big council estate on the hill and then here are quite a few semis an detatchd houses further round ot which are quite nice, so imo it depends where exactly op was choosing and in what sort of property.

As I said, having lived in the area and still having friends in the area and living in S10 now. There would be no contest for me!

Both are detached 5 bef houses with garage, nice garden etc. Lodge moor one is Winchester crescent or drive and stannington is on the corner of fair barn rd and Roscoe bank.

Edited by Berkat

You missed the point its quite a large area with some diverse housing. some much nicer than other areas.

OP you have to go there and make your own mind up, drive around, look at transport and shops.

Tell you what op, get insurance quotes for car and house contents at both addresses and I think that will tell you the difference between the areas in question!

I lived in Lodge Moor from 1996 to 2012, moving to Sandygate last year.

Always liked it, fairly quiet and low key. Never had a problem with yobs or crime. In fact you could argue it's a little too quiet at times! Great amenities (Spider Park), decent pubs (Sportsman and Three Merry Lads; the Shiny Sheff is on its knees, sadly), good transport links, easy to park your car (for free) and good schools.

Add in the scenery and you have a nice area to live in.