Fir Vale-Idiot drivers!!

Owler Lane-Everday night I go past idiots parked outside the shops on double yellows including taxis etc! Two nights in a row now I have been behind a bus that hasn't been able to pull in at the bus stop so has had to stop in the road holding up the traffic!

Tonight I took photos of all the cars parked there! Im fed up of it! They think they are above the law and especially in the evening when no traffic wardens around!

Most areas the wardens day and evening fine people left right and centre but this rough area is a law unto itself! I hope another idiot comes along and keys all the cars beyond repair!

I hope another idiot comes along and keys all the cars beyond repair!

Thanks for volunteering!

P.S. What are you doing in Fir Vale every day? Scoring crack? :huh:

Edited by The Joker

Thanks for volunteering!

You think that is funny? Hahaha

I would like to see self employed traffic marshalls trained up the same as traffic wardens but get a 50% commission from ticket fines. Three tickets then the crusher or sold by the marshall

Thanks for volunteering!

Drive through that road on my way home mon-fri

Owler Lane-Everday night I go past idiots parked outside the shops on double yellows including taxis etc! Two nights in a row now I have been behind a bus that hasn't been able to pull in at the bus stop so has had to stop in the road holding up the traffic!

Tonight I took photos of all the cars parked there! Im fed up of it! They think they are above the law and especially in the evening when no traffic wardens around!

Most areas the wardens day and evening fine people left right and centre but this rough area is a law unto itself! I hope another idiot comes along and keys all the cars beyond repair!

The traffic camera van is in operation around that area until at least 7 pm.

well there not doing a very good job, i drive through there everyday around 6pm and there's always illegally parked cars in that area and on the area around page hall shops

It's been like this for years

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 18:46 ----------

I would like to see self employed traffic marshalls trained up the same as traffic wardens but get a 50% commission from ticket fines. Three tickets then the crusher or sold by the marshall

I wish there was a like button

the camera van runs until 6.30p. when the clearway restrictions end. the evening parking warden team consists of one van that has the entire area of sheffield to patrol, it not the fact that firvale is rough that they dont go there, its the fact that the vehicles owners are working in the nearby shops and as soon as they see the wardens they jump in their car and drive off. its a cat and mouse game that the wardens dont have time for. people moan about traffic wardens, well you cant have it both ways. if you get more they can patrol more areas but then they will be accused of trying to raise revenue.

---------- Post added 01-11-2014 at 02:37 ----------

its also the fact that the parking manager needs to justify sending wardens out there, if no one complains to them, theres not a problem. give them a call to raise a complaint as they must then attend, their number is 0114 2736255.

i drive to hillsbrough via fir vale and theres a large van parked up at the traffic lights opposite the church causing you to drive on wrong side of road every day !

You think that is funny? Hahaha

...about the volunteering...? or about the scoring crack?

the camera van runs until 6.30p. when the clearway restrictions end. the evening parking warden team consists of one van that has the entire area of sheffield to patrol, it not the fact that firvale is rough that they dont go there, its the fact that the vehicles owners are working in the nearby shops and as soon as they see the wardens they jump in their car and drive off. its a cat and mouse game that the wardens dont have time for. people moan about traffic wardens, well you cant have it both ways. if you get more they can patrol more areas but then they will be accused of trying to raise revenue.

Thank you wendelspans and observant for adding some much-needed common sense to this debate :D

I live near the area and drive through it every day, and can confirm that yes, parking wardens are active near that junction during the working day.

However, the takeaways are busiest in the evenings after the parking wardens have finished. If any drivers wish to report illegal parking or request enforcement of the restrictions on any road, that number again is:

0114 273 6255