Hillsborough Morrisons car park

Don't spend too long parking in Morrisons car park as they now have cameras up, at the moment they haven't put signs up to say how long we have got to park.

Most supermarkets allow 2 hours which should be ample but as it has now been sold to another company they may charge for anything over 2 hours. It's a case of waiting to see what signs they put up.

Is this on both levels, or just downstairs?

It's about time that cameras have been put up. Are they cctv or just parking cameras?.

I hate this car park.

5 times this year my car has been damaged due to sloppy or blind drivers.

The last time I parked in said car park someone left my front bumper hanging off.

On the plus side it might mean an end to the boy racers hurtling round at the back of the lower level which used to happen most nights. I haven't noticed it for a while.

I thought that it was part of the planning permission for that store that the upper car park could be used by people going into Hillsborough as well - is there going to be a time limit here too? I dare say the ones who park there all day to go to work won't be happy (and to be honest that doesn't seem to cause any problems because they tend to park down towards the exit and there's always plenty of space down at the escalator end).

There is a wave going around Rotherham actually in regards to places basically tightening their rules up on using the car parks.

It seems the councils have had their heads together.

All I know is that the car park has been sold and cameras have been put up in the top car park which is where the boy racers go.

Up to now I haven't seen any signs up about how long you can park but I'm keeping my eyes open.

There is a wave going around Rotherham actually in regards to places basically tightening their rules up on using the car parks.

It seems the councils have had their heads together.

How would the council be involved when this is a private car park?

How would the council be involved when this is a private car park?

With all due respect, use your brain a little.

If many / a majority of car parks, privately owned or not, are heading in the same direction, do you not think somebody has had a whisper in their ear?

No, I don't. Do you not think that the management of morrisons can see an opportunity when one is there, without a ridiculous conspiracy theory involving the council...

A whisper about what?

I work for a SY council so have a very good idea of what goes on and what doesn't. Daily, we / they work towards generating more money for town centers (Rotherham and Sheffield for instance) and by doing so, ideas of generating that money are floated around. Asking 2 or 3 private businesses to tighten up on their parking policies is not a conspiracy theory ffs. Like I say, I know more about the Rotherham cases than Sheffield.