Goats delay democracy

Guest sibon

The Queen's Speech has been delayed for a while to allow Mrs May to conclude negotiations with the DUP. After that, we apparently need to allow the ink to dry on the vellum that the speech has to be written on.

A cruel person would ask which is the more modern, DUP policy, or writing on goatskin.

Either way, it represents a ridiculous delay to the democratic process.

The Queen's Speech has been delayed for a while to allow Mrs May to conclude negotiations with the DUP. After that, we apparently need to allow the ink to dry on the vellum that the speech has to be written on.

A cruel person would ask which is the more modern, DUP policy, or writing on goatskin.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... I suppose that's what they mean when they say the country is becoming a 'nanny state'? :confused:

May can take her coalition and ram it up her.....

When this fails, they'll be looking for a scapegoat.

The real negotiations don't start till tomorrow. If this one gets messed up sooner or later there will be no partners left for tory coalitions.

But May told the Queen that she was able to govern. Looks like she had yet again jumped the gun.

How long did it take in 2010 the last time there was an hung parliament?

But May told the Queen that she was able to govern. Looks like she had yet again jumped the gun.

That's her strong and stable style.

If true she might end up looking a little sheepish...

You come across as really angry. I've not kept up with the election threads, but you shouldn't let such things bother you so much.

Waiting for ink to dry on goatskin whilst archaic isn't the worst of it, inviting a sectarian, science denying creationist political party with ties to terrorists to form a coalition government of the UK is..

The 27 members of the EU that we are about to engage in vital negotiations with must be mightily impressed with our smooth performance since we triggered Article 50, and apprehensive as to their ability to deal with such skillful operators.

Having just returned from holiday I may be misinformed as to the timing involved, but did Mrs May visit the queen and claim to be able to form a government with the DUP before she had actually reached an agreement with the DUP?

Surely I must have got that wrong?

Because if that were the case it would then leave the Tory's open to ridiculous demands from the DUP or face complete humiliation if they had to retract the statement to the queen.

Were that the case then it would show an inability to organize a drinking session in a beer production factory of spectacular proportions.

Given that this time next week we are to commence Brexit negotiations it would not bode well for a successful outcome, but I must have got that wrong. mustn't I?

You come across as really angry. I've not kept up with the election threads, but you shouldn't let such things bother you so much.

Don't let May pull the wool over your eyes

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 16:34 ----------

The real negotiations don't start till tomorrow. If this one gets messed up sooner or later there will be no partners left for tory coalitions.

You're not kidding