Horse Riding for 6yr old

Hi,

My youngest is 6 and animal mad, especially about horses and dogs! We've taken her for a couple of pony rides when on holiday and she loved it. We keep meaning to arrange some riding and never quite get round to it. To treat her we've bought her some cheapo jodpurs from decathlon and want to surprise her by arranging some lessons in the New Year.

So I'm after some recommendations for stables. I think she would also love the grooming/mucking out side so maybe a stable with a pony club. I've seen recomendations for Grenoside and Smeltings at Ringinglow are BHS registered. There was also some good reviews for White Acres in S6.

We are S11 so I'm after the most child friendly place, that would allow her to be hands on with grooming etc when she feels up to it, that is a reasonable commute and price. Failing that would it be worth nipping in to the horse and rider shop in crookes and asking if they have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance :)

Unfortunately horse and rider crookes is now closed:mad: If you google "places for pony rides Sheffield "or something similar it brings up a list of suitable sites

PS dont encourage your child to ride or they might still be hooked on it 60 years later like me:thumbsup:

Yeah, maybe I should encourage a cheaper hobby instead otherwise I'll be spending my beer fund :o

Snowdon farm is the best place to learn it terms of progressing and learning to ride properly and I believe they now do pony days etc they have a Facebook page worth checking out.

I had problems finding somewhere for my daughter when she was 6 as many places don't like teaching under 8s :(

Have given up for now will wait until she's a bit older, hope you find something though :)