Do men look more sexy with beards?

I prefer my partner with a beard, it looks strange without. He's tried a full beard, but mostly its a goatee. He tries to trim it and goes wrong, then ends up shaving it all off.

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 14:17 ----------

I have had a beard since I was 20yrs old in those days it was a light ginger colour,nowadays it is a luxurious silver!.It is trimmed daily and shaved from my neck because I believe left to grow there it looks scruffy!.I have,nt grown it for a fashion fad I just think it suits me,and as I have stated in the past if a lady kisses a man without a beard it,s like eating an egg without salt!.;)

I've always found it amusing how my OH's beard is various colours - brown with blonde, ginger and white streaks in it. His head hair is black (not that you'd know because he shaves it all off).

It changes colour every time he shaves it off.

Only one person should have a beard and that's Father Christmas:hihi:

and Jebus.

I've been sporting a goatee now for the last 2 years, simply because my other half ask me to. She now reckons I wouldn't look right without it. I wasn't sure at first, but I think she's right ☺

If the thread title had asked "Do women look more sexy with long hair?", would the reaction from our regular posters have been as benign, or somewhat different?

Women face much more judgement and criticism about appearance.

If someone wants to tell me to my face whether I should have hair or not, I'll happily put them straight, men are empowered like that, women not so much.

Can you please remove the extraneous 'a' from the thread title? It's making me feel ill. Thankyou.

I doubt you have ever tried a beard on, in fact I can vaguely remember you telling us why.

I've been sporting a goatee now for the last 2 years, simply because my other half ask me to. She now reckons I wouldn't look right without it. I wasn't sure at first, but I think she's right ☺

Goatee or Van Dyke?

This is definitely a thing. I 'lost' the beard I'd had for many years in a bet last year. I neither felt or looked right without it so grew it back at the earliest opportunity.

I believe the great John Peel hit the nail on the head when he said something like, when you have had a beard for several years and you shave it off, you almost expect the face that appears from behind it to be the same one that was covered up all that time ago. And clearly this is not the case.

It's also the same when I wear contact lenses, which I only tend to do when I go out at night. My colleagues at work are so used to seeing me with specs that, when I'm not wearing them, they think I look odd!

Personally, I hate it. I dont think it looks attractive, along with the shaved hair at the side. Each to their own though.

Edit.. unless they have long hair like dumbledore.

Edited by bertyboop

Goatee or Van Dyke?

Wow, its actually a Van Dyke!

I used to stop shaving when the clocks went back, and start again when the clocks went forward. Gave me an extra couple of minutes in bed through the winter. I look very distinguished with a beard, and much younger without, folks say.

Yes they do say that; I dont care, at the moment, if my beard does make me look less attractive.

Some men look better with beards, some look better without.

Some look better when they're younger, some look better as they have changed as they aged.

A few (like Eric Clapton, for example) have the face that is much better hidden beneath a beard and look much better in their 50s or 60s than they did when they were in their 20s.

My OH has a beard when he can't be bothered to shave, and is clean shaven when he starts to look a bit too Captain Birdseye. Neither way round bothers me, he is the same person under the face fuzz.

Oh, and extraneous 'a' in the title has been smited.

Please don't take beards out of fashion, I fit in quite well at the moment with mine - and it's also useful to hide the double chin! I've also got very sensitive skin, so whenever I do shave my skin goes red and blotchy, having a beard saves me from this. :)

It is painstaking pulling out the individual white ones though, and why do they always grow twice as thick and twice as fast as the darker hairs surrounding them... :suspect: