Amey in Hillsborough

Have they all downed tools or something? The pavements around here have been scraped away weeks ago, filled with dust (as per Ms Macbeths description) and then apparently left.

I really don't know why they don't finish the jobs they've started before moving onto the next one, instead of causing chaos on numerous other roads whilst leaving the others in a state. Carnage in Crookes this morning, they've shut off a whole network of sideroads at the same time, lord knows where all the residents have managed to park.

Then again, seeing some of the Neanderthals they employ at close hand recently, one of which really couldn't understand my annoyance at them completely needlessly parking their van halfway across a (non closed) junction, I can't say I'm entirely surprised that their thought process is a little...slow.

It's "Lean" way of working. Rather than have one team of multi skilled people turn up, dig the hole, plant the tree/lamppost then fill it in they have a team of diggers, a team of planters, then a team of fillers in..then a team to remove the barriers and clean up the mess they've made.

"Lean" never worked for Toyota, who invented it then discarded it, and it's never worked for any other industry that has had this model foisted upon it.

They did some work on Commonside recently, damaged trees, flytipped their slag and did a totally naff job. I report them all the time....sometimes they fix it, this time they haven't.

Pavements finished yesterday! I now wonder when we'll be notified about the road?

A lean process wouldn't involve the teams working weeks apart though, one team would be following another closely, like a conveyor belt system, but instead of moving the work around, the teams move around.

The workmanship is very poor ,the finished article is pretty scrappy !

The workmanship is very poor ,the finished article is pretty scrappy !

Agreed - come back off holiday to a right mess. Not impressed!

So Amey are finally doing my street, and unlike many they even turned up on the day the signs said they would. I do have a question for anyone who might know though.

They've used the road scraper, this has been and gone (several days ago now), but it only scraped the edges of the road, the centre section, including multiple pot holes and uneven sections was left.

The signs now say that they'll be back tomorrow, but I suspect that it will be to resurface, not to do more scraping (that would make no sense right, 2 days of scraping, 5 days off, then some more scraping would be crazy).

If I'm right, then they've done a half assed job of preparation and it won't last very well, who can I report this to?

My road is completed and very good, so much better.

They've used the road scraper, this has been and gone (several days ago now), but it only scraped the edges of the road, the centre section, including multiple pot holes and uneven sections was left.

The signs now say that they'll be back tomorrow, but I suspect that it will be to resurface, not to do more scraping (that would make no sense right, 2 days of scraping, 5 days off, then some more scraping would be crazy).

If I'm right, then they've done a half assed job of preparation and it won't last very well, who can I report this to?

It's called a planer, not a scraper. They plane the road surface.

You spend a lot of time online, I would have thought you'd know how to google Streets Ahead: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/roads-pavements/streets-ahead

Remember it's Amey who have to maintain it for the next 20 years, so how they do the resurfacing is largely up to them.

the worst workmanship I have ever seen and it will decay in no time.

Guest makapaka

Our street is fine they did a grand job.

My pavements are finally done. Look ok now.

Next comes the road... no official dates yet just a warning letter.

It's called a planer, not a scraper. They plane the road surface.

You spend a lot of time online, I would have thought you'd know how to google Streets Ahead: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/roads-pavements/streets-ahead

Remember it's Amey who have to maintain it for the next 20 years, so how they do the resurfacing is largely up to them.

I did google it thanks, and submitted a comment.

They phoned me back today and said that it is planed sufficiently and they won't be doing any more.

I'm going to post some photos on twitter and let people judge for themselves.

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 17:28 ----------

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh586/Cyc1one/2017-06-23%2016.19.03_zpskwntoahh.jpg.html

For example

and

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh586/Cyc1one/2017-06-23%2016.19.34_zps4wonwb70.jpg.html